Branch Office

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jasonhayes, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

If you create a Bridge between two sites, can site A with no PSTN lines, dial out via Site B's PSTN lines to make calls. I'm trying to only have PSTN lines on one site and share them.

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Yes, it can. You need just to configure outbound rule on site A to go through the bridge to site B.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

just one question about branch office... is there any to configure that incoming calls which are coming through pstn gatewy/sip trunk to central 3cx are forward to the extensions on remote side of the bridge (branch office).

Thanks

4. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

Yes would be nice for incoming calls to go thought to the branch, but in the main it is for the branch to be able to dial out via the mains sites PSTN lines.

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

absolutely the same approach, just reverse direction :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mixig

mixig Active Member

Can you please be more specific, i am watching inbound rule for DID and dont know what to do. e.g. if i have extension 555 on branch side and want to route incoming call for DID 1234567 to that extension via 3cx bridge how can I accomplished that?

Thanks

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

External number 555 or any form you use to call it from other local extension of central office PBX

P.S. Could please be more specific before asking me to do it? ;)

8. mixig

mixig Active Member

My bad... "forward to outside number" and put there the extension number from other side of the bridge, so basically i can use this setup between 3cx and some other pbx, only different is instead of using bridge i will using generic sip trunk...

as you said it`s really just reverse direction, sorry :oops:

Once again thanks...

9. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It is exact what I meant. Forwarding/inbound rules allow redirecting to any of available destinations.
    Sorry for my "ascetic" style of answers.
    Next time I will try to be more accurate :)

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.