Solved Brand new install, no incoming?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bob Henderson, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Henderson

Brand new install, with Badwidth.com as my sip trunk. Just got the provisoning into like 2 hours ago. All calls to the number however go right to a busy signal.

Firewall test is golden. Inbound route is supposed to go to an IVR for the DID, which is setup. Anything else I can check? outgoing works fine.

2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

first test would be to turn on wireshark on the 3cx server and see if you see SIP traffic coming in when you call that number. If you do, then its related to 3cx setup. If you dont theres something wrong on the provider end.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bob Henderson

Doing that now.

I do have a ticket open with the provider, and they're telling me they are getting a '407 error' back from us on the calls. I'm brand new to SIP, does that make sense?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX Activity log to see if there is an entry for the incoming call, and any error message associated with it. It may be an internal destination (routing) problem.

#4 leejor, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  5. Bob Henderson

Thanks to the help of jason up there, we're up and going. Was a combo of things, but they're resolved now!

6. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

yay ! :)
    Always happy to help ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.