Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Brand new to 3CX, question about the PTSN Gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DrFulinello, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrFulinello

Hey all =)

We're deploying 3CX in our office, Ive got 6 Polycom IP501's, along with a Grandstream GXW4104 gateway. Ive got 2 POTS lines coming into the gateway, and have configured 3CX with those 2 lines being 10000 and 10001 with a ruleset of dialing 9 with the number, and striping off the first digit. IE dialing 97326543777 and of course the 9 gets stripped off. Ive confirmed this in verbose logging.

Calls come in on both lines great! The auto attendant works....hold with music, Xferring, Conferencing,, all works without a hitch.

CANT DIAL OUT ! lol

Now heres where it gets weird,,,, if somone calls IN on either line,,, and with them on hold or talking... you can pick up any other phone at that point... and dial out without a problem.

Who wants to field this hot potatoe?

Im running windows vista , pentium 4 with 2 gigs of ram... and UAC in Vista is turned off, and 3CX passes all firewall tests.

All phones and Grandstream 4104 is set to the suggested 3cx specs here http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/
    and here http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/Grandstream-GXW-41044108 NO LONGER AVAILABLE. NEW LINK http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/.

Thanks for all your help in advance... oh also we are using the demo version, as soon as we make sure this works we're buying the license from Landis computers. They are fantastic people over there, and I recomend them highly.

-Tony

2. galal202

galal202 New Member

Hello and welcome,

I have this device and it works fine with 3CX
    so I think if you reset it to factory set and reconfig it again crefuly
    it will works fine with you

if you are sure that no parameters changed from default by mistake try :
    1-disable wait for dial tone
    2-change "Current Disconnect Threshold (ms)" from 100 to 200

about your recomaindation I think you're right because Matt is the most active in this community

3. mickp

Hey there,

We have a 4108 which I'm guessing is the same thing but with eight rather than four ports.

Do each of the lines show as registered both on the 3cx server and on the status page of the 4104? Also, do the fxo ports on the 4104's status page show as connected? I've seen some of our ports show as not connected when I'm sure there's meant to be a line present. I'd put this down to the fact that we're using the gateway connected to a pabx until we're ready to complete the transition to 3cx but now I'm wondering if there's something else that I've missed.

Mick.

4. DrFulinello

I fixed the problem...

I worked with Matt Landis, figured out it was a defective Grandstream Gateway... so I replaced it with a Patton, and voila! Instant fix.

Thanks again for everyones help, and since I paid for the 3CX license, I wonder if anything has to be done so I can post in the member forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.