• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Break time does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

KleiDav

Reaction score
Hello

I have a problem with Break time never reached.

I've setup Global office hours from 9:00 to 18:15, and break time between 12:45 and 14:00

I have an inbound rule that redirects during office hours to a Ring Group, and outside office hours to an external number. This is working great, outside office hours the calls are redirected to the external number.

During office hours, the ring group has 3 member extensions and each of the 3 extensions have Autoswitch checked (tested with or without, same behavior)

My problem is that during the break (12:45 --> 14:00) the call arrive to the ring group, and the 3 extensions rings like usual, there seem to be no way to switch a Ring Group to Away during break time?

Have you tried this

On forwarding rule 'Away' (Break Time status) for the three extensions, have you tried unticking 'Accept Calls from Ring Groups' under options

Calls should then go to the ring group destinations if no answer

Hello @KleiDav

Please note that Break times only affect the extensions status and not the trunks so the calls will continue coming in during break times. One solution is the one @Saqqara mentioned and untick the option 'Accept Calls from Ring Groups' under the forwarding rules of the Away status.
The other is to use out of office hours for break times as well.
Your Office hours would then be 09:00 - 12:45 and 14:00 - 18:15.
This will force the PBX to out of office hours during the break time as well.

Have you tried this

On forwarding rule 'Away' (Break Time status) for the three extensions, have you tried unticking 'Accept Calls from Ring Groups' under options

It is unticked already, but not working.

Are the extensions switching to Away during break times?

Hello @KleiDav

Please note that Break times only affect the extensions status and not the trunks so the calls will continue coming in during break times. One solution is the one @Saqqara mentioned and untick the option 'Accept Calls from Ring Groups' under the forwarding rules of the Away status.
The other is to use out of office hours for break times as well.
Your Office hours would then be 09:00 - 12:45 and 14:00 - 18:15.
This will force the PBX to out of office hours during the break time as well.

As said, the 'Accept calls from Ring Groups' is unchecked in Away status, but still it takes the calls.

Your second solution is working. To be honnest, I didn't even know I could add more than 1 range in
Configure Office Hours.

So I consider Break Time as not working.
Maybe it's a bug from version 15.5.0 (latest build)

Can you send us a screenshot of the configuration of the office hours? Just checked break times and extensions do switch to Away on my PBX.

Can you send us a screenshot of the configuration of the office hours? Just checked break times and extensions do switch to Away on my PBX.

Here is a screenshot for Monday/Tuesday (today is Tuesday)

2018-07-24 15_32_54-3CX Phone System Management Console - Opera.png

Make sure that the extensions do not have different hours configured and that your server time is correct. If everything is correct the extensions should switch to Away during Break times.

Make sure that the extensions do not have different hours configured and that your server time is correct. If everything is correct the extensions should switch to Away during Break times.

What version are you using?

Extensions do not have different hours configured.
And server time is correct (out of office hours are working, it's just break time not working)

I am using version V15.5.13103.5. tested in both windows and Linux and extensions switch to Away when office hours are triggered. I would recommend leaving the office hours configured as they are now and observe the behaviour of the PBX during break times tomorrow. You can see an extensions status by clicking the "Status" button in the extensions tab.

I am also using V15.5.13103.5 on debian and having same problem.

I am wondering if this has something to do with DST ...

I am in Iceland, and we don´t use DST.

I can not select Iceland, or GMT/UTC in 3CX timezone settings, so I have to choose the closest one, Denmark - Faroe Islands (Torshaven) and then change the timezone to Atlantic/Reykjavik in the debian console.

The "DST" parameter in 3CX is set to 0

The "TIME_DST_SAVING_MINUTES" is set to 0

Accept calls from ring groups is unchecked

Extension stays on available ...

All input welcome :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.