Breakout of users' voice mail box

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by telis, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telis

telis New Member

I have seen a feature on some PBX systems where it is possible to break out of a users voice mail.

Here are a couple of scenarios, there are plenty more I can think of.

Scenario One

An external call comes in to the digital receptionist. The caller press option 4, the option to connect the Steve. However Steve's on the phone so the caller get's Steve's voicemail.

"Hi, you're through to Steve's voicemail I'm unavailable at the moment. Please 0 to try someone else, or please hold to leave me a voice mail message."

The call is quite urgent, and the caller thinks Helen can help instead, so the caller presses 0, this goes to the breakout destination configured for Steve, which in this case is the IVR, and then the caller chooses option 5 for Helen who answers the call.

Scenario Two

An external call comes in to the direct line of John in Sales. John is on the road and in meetings all day so the call goes to John voice mail after a few rings. The sales department are pretty hot on everyone changing their VM message every day...

"Hi, this is John's voicemail, it's 06/01/09 and I'm out of the office and in meetings all day today. Please press 0 to go to sales reception, or hold to leave me a message."

The caller needs to speak to someone in sales ASAP, so she presses 0 and the call goes through to the sales receptionist and get's picked up straight away.

Is this possible in 3CX? If so how, if not are there any workarounds....

ChrisE

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You can specify "forwarding" rules for each extension...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. comresource

comresource Member

You can press "*" to be sent to the Operators extension If that is what you mean. Of course if you create your own greeting message you will need to let the caller know this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. telis

telis New Member

@Stephan - Thanks for the reply, however I can't see how forwarding helps in scenarios specified.

@Danny

Thanks, I have now found this feature!

It seems the "operator extension" is set system wide and is defined in the Settings -> General section. The extension has to be real extension and can't be a Digital Receptionist, but you can create a dummy extension with a forward rule to a digital receptionist or hunt group etc. I now have this tested and working. It's a shame the extension can't be overridden on a per-user basis (as on the IP Office), but it's welcome nonetheless.

Cheers Danny.

ChrisE,
    Telis.

Certified CIO likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.