• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Bria multiple registrations because net topology changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinainnovative

Reaction score
Running V9 RC2 on Server 2008 -

One of my extensions is showing as "available" when there is nothing registered...

Before someone says "you were hacked" (which was one thought that crossed my mind), I checked the Phones tab - and saw it listed several old registrations from the day before (recognized the IP addy from where I was yesterday) and several registered from IP address 0.0.0.0:5060 - including one for extension 100.

3CX Assistant also shows this ext as available as well, but calling said extension reveals the truth - it is not registered, and 3cx even knows it isn't registered per the logs.

Code:
10:06:36.221  [CM503016]: Call(10): Attempt to reach <sip:[email protected]> failed. Reason: Not Registered
10:06:36.220  [CM503017]: Call(10): Target is not registered: Ext:Ext.100
10:06:36.194  [CM503010]: Making route(s) to <sip:[email protected]>

Thoughts?

Re: Possible extension availability bug in RC2?

Hi, what phone where you using at that moment.
Also can you send us full logs by any chance.
Send them to [email protected]
Thanks and regards.

MichaelB said:
Hi, what phone where you using at that moment.
Also can you send us full logs by any chance.

Phone - Counterpath bria
Logs - will do

Yes - this shows that your phone is behind an unreliable internet connection which is disconnecting link between phone and pbx or phone is freezing and crashing.

Multiple registration will cause unreliable audio. Because the PBX thinks it has numerous valid contacts for that phone.

To work around this, set the registration time as low as you can so at least the registrations will expire quickly not in an hour.

If you disconnect 10 times in 1 hour, you get 10 registrations that each expire in 1 hour each.

We do not need to see logs for this. If you see multiple registration entries it means that the problem is at phone end

nickybrg said:
Yes - this shows that your phone is behind an unreliable internet connection which is disconnecting link between phone and pbx or phone is freezing and crashing.

Multiple registration will cause unreliable audio. Because the PBX thinks it has numerous valid contacts for that phone.

To work around this, set the registration time as low as you can so at least the registrations will expire quickly not in an hour.

If you disconnect 10 times in 1 hour, you get 10 registrations that each expire in 1 hour each.

We do not need to see logs for this. If you see multiple registration entries it means that the problem is at phone end

Nicky - that doesn't make any sense - seriously. Its been over 24 hours and those registrations are still there. And what of the 0.0.0.0 registrations? It doesn't matter how low I set the re-registration timer - these registrations don't go away.

To me it does not make sense either. You know that a 0.0.0.0 is not normal.
Then why are you trying to find a bug in 3CX? When the registration attempt is not normal or has something abnormal?

If it is a local extension, you should see the local address there.
If it is a remote extension you should see the public address of the remote end
if it is a tunnel connection you should see 127.0.0.1

0.0.0.0 means what exactly? Register - contact 0.0.0.0. What should the server do at this point? Send sip to all of its local interfaces? Any on the local machine? This is an illegal contact.

You should troubleshoot in that direction. The phone is configured incorrectly or it is not behaving accordingly. Try with Xlite and Eyebeam or another phone. See if this occurs. If it does then you have to start seeing what is in between the 3CX and these remote extensions.

Restart the configuration service to clear all persistent storage and start again. This should clear all these dirty stale registrations.

Then start wireshark again and send a wireshark capture of this registration request.

Yes registration time is not the problem here. But now I realized about this contact 0.0.0.0. This should be the emphasis of the post.

===

Now if the pbx does not clear this dirty registration on its own then this is another story - If you send me a register packet showing this, then I can try to reproduce it here.

nickybrg said:
Now if the pbx does not clear this dirty registration on its own then this is another story - If you send me a register packet showing this, then I can try to reproduce it here.

I just have to figure out how to reproduce that dirty registration...

Yes do so. When you do I will need to have a capture of the phone and capture taken from the server. I have a hunch that this is some bug in the phone or you are using some buggy version of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.