Bridge and caller id

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Paulius Kiselis, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paulius Kiselis

Hello everyone,

I have a 2 bridged 3CX pro systems and i am currently implementing and testing calling over the bridge services. All is working fine with the extensions but with calling outside numbers through the bridge have one small problem, caller ID changes from a remote pbx to a local number (A pbx turns to main SIP trunk number from pbx B). Is there a way to leave it or make it the same as from which pbx it came?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Can you please clarify, with some examples. Are all outgoing calls from both PBXs using the trunks on one PBX? What number do you what to have displayed?

3. Paulius Kiselis

Both PBXes use their own trunks lets say pbx1 number is +1pbx1 and pbx2 is +44pbx2 (one is located in US other in UK). They are bridged and i made an outbound rule that calls from pbx1 can be made through pbx 2 trunks and other way around. So when pbx1 calls UK number instead of doing international call it goes to pbx2 and uses its trunks. but problem is that: number instead of being +1pbx1 becomes +44pbx2 and other way around. My client would like that numbers stayed the same. I hope this clarified the question a little.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Lets see if I understand this... If a US caller dials a UK number, the call routes over the bridge trunks and then out on VoIP trunks on the UK PBX. The called party receives a UK number as CID and you want them to see the US number. Is that correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.