Bridge between V9 and V10**FULLY SUPPORTED

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by geertclaes, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geertclaes

Hi,

As I am testing V10, is noticed that is not possible to configure a bridge between V9 and V10. Is this by design, or will this be sorted out in later (beta) releases ?

- Geert -

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Bridge between V9 and V10

It is 100% possible yes - If you configure it correctly it will work without problems.

Maybe if you could state why it is not possible and give your reasons for it, then maybe I will be able to guide you as to what you are doing wrong.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. geertclaes

This is the error I got :

22:46:09.187 [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER <IP-Master>:5060 tid=7d4e480ba520df56 cseq=REGISTER contact=10000@<IP-Slave>:5060 / 2 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

Of course this error is very clear, but I am missing the field "authenthication ID" on the slave side in V10.

4. nevets429

I'm bridging between v9 and v10 here fine and have been since the day after v10 came out. My v10 install was an upgrade from v9 that was already set as bridged so maybe some setting got preserved on mine.

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes we disabled that - not needed any more.

On the Version 9 the authentication ID should be the same as the Virtual number and configure a password (secure)
    On the Version 10, configure the same password you configured in the Version 9. the virtual number must match the one in V9 also.

Example if I have a Version 9 and a version 10 you should do the following.

Create a bridge example virtual number 50000. Set authentication id to 50000 Set password to blablabla for example.
    On V10 the master/slave depending on what V9 has configured, set Virtual number 50000. Then set password to blablabla.

I suggest that first you create the master side. After you configure this then go to the other pbx and configure the slave. If networking and routing is correct it should connect immediately.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.