Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Bridge CID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TSlocum, Oct 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

We have some bridges between our office branches. Each branch uses 4 digit extensions. Between some branches, the caller ID removes the first digit. So when 1051 at office A calls, office B sees 051 on their caller ID. It doesn't happen with all branches. What could be causing this?

If it matters, we have outbound rules set up so users don't have to dial anything extra to use the bridge. They can just dial the 4 digit extension at any branch to reach the user.

Attached Files:

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I had to play with Settings/ Advanced and I think changed the Country to something <select> as the Bridge was stripping the "1" as it thought it was part of a dialing code. It doesn't seem to happen if the extension starts with a 2 thru 9 (atleast in the USA).

Perhaps I did this under custom Parameters. Not remembering the particulars as its not part of my current setup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mich

We are having this issue as well with the extensions starting with a 1 - If I change the country to Null in the Parameters area.. does that affect the e164 format and the calling line ID showing up on the far end when calling overseas ? We are in North America (1) country code as well. I can manipulate the bridge to show the 1 but if they leave a voicemail it shows up as on 3 digits and strips the 1. Would hate to have to recreate the entire system as it's quite a large PBX just to overcome this issue. We are bridging between multiple offices and other office that have their extensions starting with any number between 2-8 ( 9 is used for out-dialing) do not have this issue.
    Just concerned that removing the country and setting it to Null will affect the overseas CLID display of the number.
    any ideas?
    systems are v14

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I would not change the the country to Null in the parameters. this will affect the e164 settings.
    Revise your bridge outbound rules in case you have not added a outbound prefix in bridge settings but have strip 1 in the outbound rules.

5. choimarc

I have the same problem. If I disable the e164 processing, the 1 comes up. If I disable it, it is stripped.

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.