Bridge extension configuration question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tfernalld, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfernalld

Hello,

Our company is currently looking into unifying our phone system with our other location in the US. To do this we are going to install another 3CX server and configure a bridge between the two locations. The question I have is are all extensions and phones configured and registered through the master? or are the extensions managed individually by each 3CX server? I apologize in advance if this is a repeat question I tried searching the forums and was presented with 51 pages to sift through.

Thanks!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The recommended method is to let each system register and manage its own set of extensions by associating one grouping of extensions (say extensions 100 to 299) to one system and having the second grouping (300-499) associated to the other system. In this manner, it makes the outbound rules easier to manage as it is assumed that the two systems are likely distant enough from one another that common or universal outbound rules (providers and gateways) will not be in play.

The 3CX manual also has some info about how to establish the bridge along with prefixing numbers to extensions so that you can call across the bridge with minimal hassle.

3. tfernalld

Thank you for the quick reply. I think having the separate Ext. ranges would be the best way to go as you mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.