Bridge Extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Korbian, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korbian

In a bridged system using the tunnel, is there a way to set extensions from the local pbx to a BLF on the remote pbx attached phones? I have been searching around but cant find a solutions. I have the local setup as ext 100-199 and the remote as 200-299 and would like to share the line status across the phones which are all cisco SPA50X phones. Also wanted to set the operator extension as one on the remote pbx but it doesn't like that either.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Not sure about remote blf but as for operator, can't you seup local operator to forward all calls to remote operator...?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Korbian

I tried just setting the remote extension to operator in settings but it wouldn't take also I cant type in the remote extension in the IVR and have it connect not sure if its not possible or if im going about it wrong

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can't simply try to enter extension from a remote PBX into the setting on a local one. They don't exist as far as the local PBX is concerned. Consider that calls over a bridge trunk are going to be handled by outbound rules. So...if the operator extension on one system was, say, 100, and you wanted any calls to that extension to go to the operator on the other PBX, say, 200, then the calls must go via forwarding and the appropriate outbound rules.
    Example... caller dials 100(or something that routes to the operator), Extension 100 is set to forward immediately to 5200. In the outbound rules, any four digit number beginning with 5 routes over the bridge trunk after stripping one digit (the 5). Extension 200 is reached.

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

To add to what leejor said, you will not be able to setup BLF's across the bridge. BLF will only work for the local PBX. Consider the bridge a SIP trunk..they are still seperate systems, you just have the ability to pass calls between the two.

With the "professional" version you can see the status of remote extensions across the bridge using the 3cx phone application.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Korbian

Got it working with forwarding rules thanks guys

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

What I was saying is to setup an internal extension as operator but setup to forward (via the extensions individual rules) all calls to a remote extension...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.