Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Bridge: IPs do not match! randomly on outgoing call's

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Henque, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henque

Hi,

I struggle with a problem while I try to bridge a asterisk server to a 3cx instance and can't get it stable.

Situation for outgoing call:

SIP Phone --> Asterisk --> 3cx --> voip-trunk.

In some rare cases the outgoing call will not be processed and ends up with a long silence. In the verbose log I see:

10/20/2017 11:10:53 AM - IPs do not match!
    10/20/2017 11:10:53 AM - Compare IPs: incoming=[asterisk ip]; external=0.0.0.0
    10/20/2017 11:10:53 AM - IPs do not match!
    10/20/2017 11:10:53 AM - Compare IPs: incoming=[asterisk ip]; external=[3cx ip]

[Asterisk IP] and [3cx IP] are IP adresses without NAT, both are external IP addresses.

The firewall on both ends are configured with a whitelist on IP bases from and to both IP's, so all ports from and to the boxes are open. The asterisk box runs a CSF firewall.

The strange part is that most of the times outgoing call's are working well. In some cases, like 1 of the 10 I end up with this error message.

Does anyone here have a idea how to solve it? It driving me crazy since I am try-and-error now for more than a week.

Thanks

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

From I understand you have set up a Generic SIP Trunk on 3CX. If so, why not try the way described here?
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/bridging-asterisk-pbx/

Granted the screenshots and instructions are for V14, but the logic is the same.

3. Henque

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your response.

I did that already, and can call to the 3cx box, and works most of the time. Just random not and get above error.

I cannot place that error where it comes from or what it means or why 3cx is checking this IP and try to find a match with...?

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I don't think this error might be directly related to the symptom you are describing. If I had to guess, the reason why you are getting a long silence is because the "180 Ringing" is not reaching the Asterisk PBX. I would run a capture on the 3CX box until you get a cal that does this, then check 2 things:
    • Does 3CX get a 180 Ringing from the VoIP Trunk?
    • If yes, does it send it to the Asterisk PBX?
    • If it does, then I would repeat the same logic on the Asterisk box....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.