Bridge: IPs do not match! randomly on outgoing call's

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Henque, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henque

Hi,

I struggle with a problem while I try to bridge a asterisk server to a 3cx instance and can't get it stable.

Situation for outgoing call:

SIP Phone --> Asterisk --> 3cx --> voip-trunk.

In some rare cases the outgoing call will not be processed and ends up with a long silence. In the verbose log I see:

10/20/2017 11:10:53 AM - IPs do not match!
    10/20/2017 11:10:53 AM - Compare IPs: incoming=[asterisk ip]; external=0.0.0.0
    10/20/2017 11:10:53 AM - IPs do not match!
    10/20/2017 11:10:53 AM - Compare IPs: incoming=[asterisk ip]; external=[3cx ip]

[Asterisk IP] and [3cx IP] are IP adresses without NAT, both are external IP addresses.

The firewall on both ends are configured with a whitelist on IP bases from and to both IP's, so all ports from and to the boxes are open. The asterisk box runs a CSF firewall.

The strange part is that most of the times outgoing call's are working well. In some cases, like 1 of the 10 I end up with this error message.

Does anyone here have a idea how to solve it? It driving me crazy since I am try-and-error now for more than a week.

Thanks

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

From I understand you have set up a Generic SIP Trunk on 3CX. If so, why not try the way described here?
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/bridging-asterisk-pbx/

Granted the screenshots and instructions are for V14, but the logic is the same.

3. Henque

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your response.

I did that already, and can call to the 3cx box, and works most of the time. Just random not and get above error.

I cannot place that error where it comes from or what it means or why 3cx is checking this IP and try to find a match with...?

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I don't think this error might be directly related to the symptom you are describing. If I had to guess, the reason why you are getting a long silence is because the "180 Ringing" is not reaching the Asterisk PBX. I would run a capture on the 3CX box until you get a cal that does this, then check 2 things:
    • Does 3CX get a 180 Ringing from the VoIP Trunk?
    • If yes, does it send it to the Asterisk PBX?
    • If it does, then I would repeat the same logic on the Asterisk box....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.