bridge mode issue SPA3201

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jtullous, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtullous

Hello I am tring to get my spa3102 to work correctly with the 3cx systems. I set all the settings that follow the confuration guide to a T. I spent 3 days solid tring to make this work. I stumbled on the lan settings and noticed it was set to NAT, so I changed it to bridge mode and it worked. But could not get back into the web console of the spa3102. Had to do a factory reset. So to test that was the case I did it again and sure enought it worked again, but no web console to the spa3102. So I set it to Auto. And that did nothing.

My setup is a normal cable modem that connect to my linksys wrg54g router and that router plugs into a switch. The spa 3102 is plugged into that switch. I am using one single POTS line for this setup.

So the only 2 things plugged into the spa3102 is a lan cable that goes to the switch and the single POTS line in to the line port on the spa3102.

I know I am missing something in the lan configuration and I am at my MAX wits end of this stuff.

Can anyone give any assistance on this issue? :?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the System tab>System Configuration>Enable Web Admin Access, and Enable Web Servermake sure that these are "yes", which is the default. The cable from your switch is plugged into the WAN port and NOT the LAN port, right? Does it have a fixed IP (I hope). In bridge mode, you should have no trouble going to it's IP from either side, LAN or WAN , from a PC plugged into the LAN port on the 3102 or a port on your switch. You can use the handset to verify the IP and a lot of the other basic settings. I've never used mine as a router, never seen the need as it is already behind one. never had an issue getting in to it.

---Modem---switch----WAN/3102/LAN----PC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.