Bridge Phonebook Sync/Integration

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Kelly Martin, Jan 19, 2017.

Bridge Phonebook Sync/Integration 5 5 19votes
5/5, 19 votes

1. Kelly Martin

We are migrating to 3CX and have found that the extensions on the one side of a bridge are not in the 3CX phonebook on the other side, and vice verse. I've had this on every other system I have maintained and would like to see this in 3CX. I am actually surprised this hasn't been a feature in past versions.

Can we get this added?

Thank you!

Kelly

2. Tony Ayre

I was quite surprised to find this wasn't a feature also. Seems a bit bizarre to offer bridging functionality but not have this as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Antoine A. Telerys

Good point. This should be implemented.

4. phil@lgmanor.com

+1
    The way I handle it for now is I have the phonebooks for each site listed in the phones directly.

5. acecnc

This is exactly what I am looking for. I have no good solution for 2 bridged systems to share a company-wide directory.

6. c.keen

+1
    I have 5 sites and it would be fantastic if the 3CX phone book would reflect these bridged sites.

7. Eliq91

I recently worked with setting up a bridged system for a client and this was a big complaint they had.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Several years ago we built a "Universal Directory" which is a web page that displays all the extensions across multiple bridged 3CX servers. The page can group the extensions by location, or sort by name, extension, etc.. It lets you search for an extension by name, extension, etc. And it shows the current presence. Clicking on the contact initiates a phone call.

We could resurrect this add-on (We have not maintained it), or we could use this code to propagate the necessary information into the company directory, etc. I've not spent a lot of time thinking about this challenge, but if we can come to a consensus of what / how you want this to work, we can build it.