Bridge to other PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by storey34, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. storey34

Hello,

I am new to 3CX but we have two office one which we are using the 3CX on and another where we are using an asterisk based PBX. I am wanting to connect the two together. The manual states that it is possible but does not describe how it is done? Anyone had any luck with this. I read some of the posts but none really stated that they did it and how. Eventually I would like to be able to have a call come in on my 3CX PBX and be able to transfer it to our other office with the Asterisk and vice versa.

Thanks

Tom

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi Tom,

The ideal thing would be to have 3CX running on both PBX's, this will allow an easy bridge. Bridging the two is possible theoretically possible but haven't heard of anyone having success in it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. storey34

Thanks Mark,

I know that would be the ideal way to do it, but i am working on trying to get the other office to switch. Its just not that easy.

So if it is theoretically possible how would you go about it. I ideally want to use the bridge to do it would the 3cx be a master or slave? Even if I can get some basic link up first then they might be able to see the benefit of connecting the two offices and then they would move to the 3CX. We already agree that the 3CX is probably a better platform for us. So I’m half way their

Thanks

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If it were me, I would try it, setting up the 3CX as Master, and have the other PBX attempt to register with the 3CX PBX. If the other PBX already has trunks registered with another VoIP provider then their set-up procedure would be similar to the existing trunks. Then, it's a matter of working out the outbound rules at both ends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.