Bridge V11 with V10 by using Tunnel-TCP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by schut, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schut

Hello,

In one of our branches we are using V10 of 3CX. Because this office is in the progress of being migrated, I'm setting up a new server on the new location. Obviously it would be nice to start with V11 on the new office, since I'm building there from scratch. However, during the "transistion" I need to be able to bridge the old location with V10 with the new office with V11. Our setup would have a strong preference in using a TDP-tunnel bridge (1 port, only TCP).

My question is: Will this work without any troubles? Or can I not bridge V10 with V11 using a tunnel(TCP) ?

Best regards,
    Jos

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In my mind, it would be rather pointless to release a version of 3CX (11), that was not able to bridge to previous releases, as everyone is not going to be upgrading all installations at one time (as much as 3CX would love that :) )

As far as encountering any issues. Well, version 11 is still new enough that, it is possible that you may discover a previously unknown "bug". Heck, they are still releasing updates/fixes for Win XP!

I would go with version 11, test it using the Demo key before final implementation. If an issue does crop up, and can be duplicated, I'm sure that 3CX would be very swift in coming up with a "fix".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.