• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerhardKreuzer

Customer
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to establish a bridge between to PBX, but no success after hours ..

Scenario:
Two private networks 192.168.xx were connectred via a VPN tunnel managed by routers. This works really fine and stable, I can access remote NAS boxes, computers and printers from both sides, even using computer explorer of windows. No problem.

The two PBX resides in different building /50km distance) and so they have a ISDN gateway each. This gateway also works fine, we can make calls outside and receive calls, we even can send and receive FAX, which was a big challenge.

Now I want establish a bridge, using my VPN tunnel to allow internal calls cross buildings without using the ISDN net.
Whatever I try, and I try really a lot, the bridge nerver goes green, for what reason ever.

So is there any hint?
Forgot everything about blocking ports, the VPN tunnel is totally transparent.

Thanks a lot for helping.

With best regards

Gerhard

Hi,

There is no special trick to make a Bridge between 2 PBX, especially when they are on the same network or in VPN. Just follow the instructions from this link and tell us what is going wrong? http://www.3cx.com/docs/connecting-offices-bridges/
Search the logs for errors and post them here. Make a whireshark capture with your registering requests and see whats wrong.

Hi,

first, the video shows 'localhost', but at this point I have a drop down box which gives me the two IP adresses of my two network connections of my server. No other chance.

Should I take the adress which I entered at my phones to find the PBX or the other one. Both addresses were part of the same sub-net.

Second, the public IP ist set to 12,13.14.15 or something else meaningless in the video. Is this done, while everybody should replace this with some IP adress of the real world, or ist this done, while the input isn't used in this secenario. As I worked only with private nets and over some VPN-tunnel, I didn't have a public IP adress for my PBX.
Maybe, I have to enter some adress of the other private network trunk, because I have two different private sub-nets connected by two routers which also make the VPN stuff.

192.168.1.x -- VPN -- 192.168.0.x

PBX A: 192.168.1.4 (used by phones) or 192.168.1.80 for all other services
PBX B: 192.168.1.222 (only for now because I test it here, later 192.168.0.2) and 192.168.5.2 used by phones

I prefere paper not video, I watched the video, text is hard to read and I didn't have sound here, sorry, I have a workstation, not a playstation ..

Thanks for helping

With best regards

Gerhard

Hi,

here what I am get now, see attachment, its the PBX A, or master, Or which has more boxes to tweak ..

With best regards

Gerhard

Attachments

• 3cxLog_122726142728 Bridge Errors.txt
    367 bytes · Views: 34
Ok.

If your VPN is working fine and UDP is unrestricted you only need a simple Direct-UDP bridge. One end Master and the other end Slave.
Master configuration should look like this:

And Slave configuration should look like this:

You will have to match the password between those 2 and on Slave bridge to put the IP Address of your master Bridge that can be reached through VPN.

Thats all!

Attachments

• Master_bridge.JPG
    Master_bridge.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 753
  • slave_bridge.JPG
    slave_bridge.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 751
Thanks, that was it.

I make the mistake and entered the IP for the VoIP sub-net on one side but I have to enter the 'normal' IP adress. This NIC is used for general traffic and is routed through my VPN tunnel.

Now it works fine in my test fixture, so I am sure I will get it woring under real conditions soon.

Thanks a lot for that good answer.

With best regards

Gerhard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.