Bridge

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stash, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stash

stash New Member

I setup a bridge here in PI and one in US. Can i used the VOIP setup in the US to call local number in US?
    Can i also setup one master and 2 slave under that master?

Thanks,

STASH

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If it were just one number you were calling all the time, the PBX in the US could have one extension forwarded to that number. Then when you called that extension over the bridge, the call would go to the outside number.

Any number of scenarios are possible depending on the digits sent over the bridge and the outbound rules at the far end.

As far as I know, you can set up any number of slave bridges to different 3CX PBX's from one master. I'm not aware of any limit.

3. stash

stash New Member

Sir leejor

What if i intend to use the bridge to call different numbers without creating extension is this possible? so i wont be charged a long distance call. and another is the bridge created just to call extension on the otherside?
    Ok so i can create just one master and as many as slave i can.

Thanks for the quick respond.

STASH

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Haven't actually tried that myself, if I had to guess, I'd say no. Even if you sent over the correct digits, that matched an outbound rule, there may some restrictions as to what you (an incoming trunk) can call. Like being restricted to inside calls only. Someone else that has set this up might have more information.
    something to try.
    You can always have an extension, off the remote PBX, at your location, giving you access to the remote outbound trunks.

5. stash

stash New Member

Sir leejor

Thanks for your quick response. maybe should try this myself.hehe

Thanks

STASH

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you do try that , and find you can't call out....the other thing you could try, is registering a 3CX trunk from one PBX, to a 3CX extension on the other. As long as your outbound rules on the originating PBX sent digits matching the dialling plan at the receiving end, your call would come into the far end PBX as an extension call with all of the calling privileges that extension is offered.

7. stash

stash New Member

Sir leejor

DId you already tried don't that? and the last way you said is it working with you?

Thanks,

STASH

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You would have to try it yourself, I've had no need to. I'm providing you with ideas that you are going to have to tweak, to have it do what you want.

Registering a a trunk from one PBX to a line at another should be no different than registering to a VoIP provider, or, connecting two dis-similar PBX's that are unable to bridge trunks.

9. stash

stash New Member

Sir leejor,

i already tried and work. :)

Thanks,

STASH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.