Bridged sites in phone directory

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jholcombe, Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jholcombe

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to have extensions from bridged sites show up in the directory on the phones? We are using T46G handsets. Would that cause the destination extension name to show on the caller's phone?

Thank you,

--John

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

You can't unless someone manually combines the XML files for your different locations and then you point the phones to that combined file.

However with the Yealink phones you can give phones access to the phone book for up to five locations.

Manually this is setup by logging into the phones web interface and going to the directory tab and configuring "remote phone book". Simply take the values from a phone on site #2 and put them as the second phone book for site #1.

This can also be configured at the template level so you don't have to manually configure the phones.

if you want help with the templates let me know.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jholcombe

Thank you Jonathan,

This is a great idea and makes perfect sense. I will look at the templates and see how the directory is set up, and see if I can copy the config for the alternate site. If I run into problems or have additional questions I'll contact you.

Thank you again!,

--John

4. tratz

tratz New Member

It is also possible with Fanvil X5g phones with a script as the formatting as been slightly different than what the 3cx phone book delivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.