Solved Bridges between multiple offices

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kyle Barker, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Barker

I have 5 offices and have setup each with different extensions:
    1xx, 2xx, 3xx, 4xx, 5xx

What is the best way to setup the bridges so that the users can dial only the extension and not need a prefix to call another office?

I have a Site-to-Site VPN tunnel between each office, so establishing a bridge is easy, but the call routing rules is what I am confused on. The KB here: https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/connecting-pbx-bridges/ says its possible but their steps show using a prefix.

Any help is appreciated!

2. Rory

Can you not create an outbound rule if Prefix 1 and length 4 route via bridge 1? Then Prefix 2 and length 4 route via bridge 2 and so on?

3. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Kyle Barker,

Are your extensions two digits numbers and 1,2,3,4,5 are the Outbound rules' prefix to reach each remote PBX or did you configured for example bridge 1 extensions' number from 100-199,bridge 2 200-299 etc plus the prefix? Please do clarify.

4. Rory

Sorry I did mean length as 3 :)

5. Kyle Barker

Each office has 3 digit ext and do not overlap (1xx, 2xx, etc). Specifically trying to avoid any extra digit dialed, as the client had ShoreTel previously and they only want to dial the ext as they did before.

Currently there are no outbound rules for this, only a default rule to route to the analog gateway at each site.

6. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Kyle Barker,

You don't need to use prefix. You need to configure 4 outbound rules in every PBX, one for every other PBX.So for example, in the 1st PBX you will set 4 outbound rules, one for calls to be routed to PBX 2,one for PBX3,one for PBX 4 and one for PBX 5, you'll have to do same configuration in the other PBXs.
    In each outbound rule you will have to configure "Calls to numbers starting with prefix" and "Calls to Numbers with a length of " fields as well as to set the right bridge in which the call will be forwarded to. Let's assume that we configure an outbound rule in PBX 1 in order to communicate with PBX 2.
    Capture.PNG

Calls to numbers starting with prefix: 2 = Everything dialed number that starts with 2 and
    Calls to Numbers with a length of: 3 = Every dialed number with the length of 3

Route : to_PBX_2 = is the name that i gave to the bridge for PBX 2

Same goes for PBX 1 in order to communicate with PBX 3
    Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

Thank you, i hope this helps

7. Kyle Barker

That works exactly how they want, Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.