Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Bridging Grandstream with 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Basheerpt, Oct 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basheerpt

Hi,
    Just wondering anybody here who did bridging the grandstream with 3cx. It's a customer requirement and we have to go with it, they have reason for that.
    However, we tried to configure it by creating new SIP trunk, but the call from Gransdstream network, goes to IVR instead of going directly to the user extension.

Anybody has idea what is wrong here? My aim is to from Grandstream phone, call directly to the extension inside the 3cx network. Both network are reachable and with separate dialing numbers.

Thanks for the support.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Basheerpt

If i understood your situation well, you can do this by setting the preferred DID in Extensions>>General>>Direct Inbound Dialing(DID)

3. Basheerpt

Hi loanissM,
    Thank you for your quick reply. I could not find this option in the Extension>General settings. I am still on V. 14. Where u referring on V.15 or Grandstream?

Thank you again

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. IoannisM_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

kindly note that Version 14 is unsupported as per support procedures, please upgrade, preferable to the latest version when possible.

Thank you

5. Basheerpt

Hi loannis,
    I am ready to upgrade but some of the feature I am using now not available in the current version. So, waiting for the update 2.

Thank you.

IoannisM_3CX likes this.
  6. IoannisM_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

That would be the best choice

7. Basheerpt

Hi again loannisM,
    We tested it on a test setup, still no luck. Call goes to IVR. any other possibility?

Thank you

8. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

If I understand, you have a UCM bridging with 3CX using a peer trunk between the two. Presumably, each PBX is using a different set of user extension ranges and you have outbound rules set accordingly in each system so that calls to the other will make their way across. The issue is that when they arrive at 3CX, the system is sending the call to an IVR rather than the dialed extension? I assume that the dialed extension is not the IVR extension. You may need to do a wireshark capture and then see what the message looks like and then adjust the 3CX inbound parameters on the peer trunk so that 3CX is picking up the desired header info to route correctly.

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you set up as a Bridge Trunk in 3CX as in ...https://www.3cx.com/docs/bridging-asterisk-pbx/
    What does the 3CX Activity Log show for the incoming calls? That should indicate why they go where they do.

10. Basheerpt

@lneblett
    Your got the scenario exactly. This is what we need.

@leejor
    Thanks for that. We will have a look at that document.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.