Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Bridging Servers - How do calls Route?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pjr, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjr

pjr New Member

Hi,

If I bridge 2 3CX servers, do calls between the servers route through the servers (ie PBX delivers Audio), or if the 2 servers are on a routed solution (ie VPN) and the SIP endpoints can see each other, do the calls route directly between the phones?

I am trying to ascertain if we can bridge 2 servers and still allow the use of G722 codec for calls on phones that support it, even if they are on different 3CX systems?

Thanks

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. abundisnet

Yes, you can use that codec on both server. You need to have installed the codec in both servers and make it the only or first codec on the codecs list.

3. pjr

pjr New Member

I think you misunderstand - 3CX doesnt support G722 but the phones we use do.

If the call HAS to go via 3CX then I lose HD (G722) calls between phones in bridged sites. If the calls go directly between endpoints rather than via the server, I can retain the use of HD calling (G722).

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. abundisnet

I´m sorry, yes I misunderstand, thinking we can add any codec just like other pbx.
    Please check this tread.
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/g-722-codec-9134.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.