Bring back 302 Diversion Header / Redirect

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by accentlogic, Feb 18, 2017.

Bring back 302 Diversion Header / Redirect 5 5 6votes
5/5, 6 votes

1. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

Prior versions of 3CX allowed call forwarding rules to send calls to an external number using a 302 diversion header. Please bring this feature back.

Also allow this to be used for any status, not just Away. Any time calls are forwarded to an external number this should be offered. No answer, not registered, away, etc.

The 302 redirect passes the Caller ID information of the original caller so that forwarded calls are presented as that outside caller. Currently all calls forwarded to an outside number or cell phone appear to be a call from the office.

I understand that not all carriers will support this, but for those that do we are missing out on this feature.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

My forwarded calls appear as coming from the origination caller id - which is handled by the way my trunk is setup.
    How is 302 redirect different?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

How are you getting this to work now? What carrier(s)? Do you do any special trunk setup, or do you follow the template/vendor instructions?

With a 302 diversion the PBX tells the telecom provider to re-establish a direct call to the destination number.

Nick Galea did a great blog posting about forwarding rules and 302 diversion at https://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/forwarding-rules-v9/

4. Gunnar Brynjólfsson

We have a carrier here in Iceland that requires forwarding via diversion header.

5. HH60

302 diversion header (a.k.a. call deflection, partial rerouting) is now back in 3CX since the new SP2 for v15.5.

To use it, you have to go to the forwarding rules of the extension(s) you want to redirect from. Select the Status "away" and set the forwarding destination for external calls to "Forward to number", now enter the external number and select "Use Call Deflection (302)", save and done.
    Now it should show the original caller id when forwarding external callers to external numbers and no channel is used for redirection.

I'm not sure why the 302 option is only available when you set it to "Forward to number" but not if you choose for example "Forward to Mobile", maybe this is something for the Ideas-Section in this Forum...

Vahur and Silly English Kniggit like this.
  6. Vahur

Seems not working. Every time I use it, I get only busy tone. Haven't figured out, how to use it. Also it is not available there where it's really needed, with Avilable status after (ex 30s) of calling call should forwarded to user mobile. No one switch phone status between Available and Away during normal use but they are often away from desk and should get calls on their mobile.