Bring Back custom FQDN in STD Edition Perpetual Licence

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by ecom2, Feb 20, 2018.

1. ecom2

Since 3CX STD Edition is now free, the option custom FQDN is no more available. We have prospective customers who do not wish to to renew maintenance and also donot want to lose their fqdn where the system will stop working and losing web meeting access. lets say web meeting access will lose, but all stun provision, remote phone will not work, I understand the 4sc STD edition is free, but In perpetual licence (Which is mot free) should allow customer to use their own FQDN.

Please Advise.
    Thank You.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tim.mansell

+1 for this !

Just gone to do a redeployment (backup / restore) and wondered why the hell I couldn't choose the original custom FQDN.

Documentation states that Standard, Pro and Ent allow the use of custom FQDN but as ecom2 states now the Standard is free, 3CX have removed the ability to choose custom FQDN using a free key.

Please change this soon :(

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Existing customers with a valid perpetual license will keep the ability to have a custom SMTP / FQDN.

@ecom2 - Please note that use of webmeeting requires valid maintenance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ecom2

Thanks Nick , Yes i am aware that webmeeting now need a valid maintenance, But how will that goes if a customer need to buy a perpetual license of 4sc STD as from now? Giving it for free for ever is not a good idea unless there will be a yearly maintenance cost. let me know if may be i am misunderstanding it.