Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Bring Back Report Export to Excel lossed in v15.5 SP1

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by exevi, Sep 12, 2017.

Bring Back Report Export to Excel lossed in v15.5 SP1 5 5 10votes
5/5, 10 votes

1. exevi

Hello,

From 3CX change log (https://www.3cx.com/blog/change-log/phone-system-change-log/):

In 3CX Phone System v14 SP1, Build 45826, October 2015
    • Added reports in Excel format
    In 3CX Phone System v15.5, Update 1, BETA, Build 15.5.3554.1, August 2017
    • Fixed Reports Totals in Excel and in PDF which were reported differently.
    But in SP1 Final Relase (3CX Phone System v15.5, Update 1, Build 15.5.3849.1, August 2017)
    Excel exporting option has been eliminated from Reports without any previus comment in change log.

Now, only PDF, HTML and CSV are possible.
    Of course CSV can be imported from Excel, but that means manual actions in a automatized Excel process.

Will 3CX recover the Excel export functionality?

Thank You

PierreM likes this.
  2. Luis Espinet

Hello 3CX,

I would like to share my disappointment towards the exclusion of the EXCEL option for the reports, was for me and the company I work with the best option ever.

Can you please help us putting the option back?

Kind Regards,

Luis

PierreM likes this.
  3. OCSW Admin

I would like to add support for this feature to return as we have code in Excel VBA and Python to process the Excel based reports and produce statistics not available in the Standard reports.

The report spacing is not the same and Excel incorrectly processes the phone numbers as integers when directly opening the CSV data which causes many problems.

#3 OCSW Admin, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  4. Chris8916

Another one for bring back Excel. As admins we all know that if users get used to seeing a report in a certain format they don't like this option being taken away from them. CSV and XLS are similar yes but they do look different and I was nagged within half an hour this morning as to why the reports were different