Broadvoice SIP Trunk goes to 1 way audio

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tom Pedder, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Pedder

I am having a weird problem. I am using Broadvoice as a SIP trunk provider. It appears to work great and then sometimes it turns into 1 way audio. The remote person can hear everything but the person on the phone system cannot hear what the remote person is saying. tcp and ump 5060 are setup. It will start working again by doing a firewall test, which restarts the sip server. Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I put in a brand new network switch. I am going to try google voice to see if that problem persists. I know I will give up inbound calls but the problem occurs on inbound and outbound calls. After I restart the Sip server service everything works perfectly again for some period of time.

Thank you,
    Tom

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A guess would be ...your router (port issue?). What make/model is it? Perhaps someone that uses the same, can provider some feedback on settings that may need to be changed.

3. NTB Inc

This sounds like a firewall/router issue, knowing the make/model would help as many of these units have varying configuration needs. Depending on the router/firewall you should be able to do packet captures or view traffic logs to see the TCP/UDP connections coming in/out which should help isolate this.

One other item to check is the TCP/UDP timeout settings, on some firewalls these are set to low timeout amounts, have seen this with Sonicwall firewalls will drop the UDP audio if it detects some inactivity. Normally setting these to a higher number will help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.