Broadvox inbound fax

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by boba1120, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boba1120

I'm using a Broadvox SIP trunk. Everything is fine except for inbound faxing. What they're saying is that my media traffic is coming from the server with my server's internal IP rather than the static external that they are using to authenticate me. This is a problem for them because I'm set up to not require registration; they just use my IP.

Any thoughts on how I fix this?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Did you edit the fax template in accordance with the instructions that can be found on the blog?

3. boba1120

Thanks for the tip, didn't see that one! I applied those settings and that's got it to where the sending machine thinks it completed successfully. However, I'm not getting any emails from the fax server. I know that email from 3CX is working in general because voicemail notices are going out. I wonder if verbose-mode logging will show me where it's breaking down after receipt.

4. boba1120

Verbose wasn't too helpful. I did find the corresponding TIFFs in Fax\Faxes\Sent, but I don't know what's happening to the email.

5. boba1120

Resolved - The fax server extension was pointing to a distribution group, which was defaulted by exchange to disallow mail from senders "outside the organization". Noob mistake I'm sure, but there it is.

Thank you Ineblett for pointing me in the right direction.

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Glad I could help. Have used Broadvox in the past, good outfit in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.