Broadvox Setup Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brianoakes, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianoakes

Howdy,

I am in the process of building my first 3cx. So far, i'm quite impressed. We are using Broadvox and have 3 GoLive and 3 GoAnywhere trunks.

Here is my question. I have a Inbound rule for each of the phone numbers assigned to the account. However I have 2 VOIP Trunks defined each have 3 similantious calls. When I call a number that is NOT listed as the primary for the GoLocal or the GoLive accounts, I get a message that says all Circuits are busy. I don't think the message is coming from 3CX. I think it's coming from Broadvox. So should I define each inbound? Right now we have a one to one match. 6 did and 6 trunks.

When I provisioned witbh Broadvox the engineer wanted to go home, so he was quite brief. :)

So do I need to configure the other trunks, or just the primary number? We have a 3CX support contract, and will probably check with them next week, but it seemed like a noob question so I figured I would see if someone could clarify it for me. Appreciate it!

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Does broadvox roll the lines into each other ?
    Doesn't sound like a 3cx message but to be sure you could unplug from the network and try the same test.

I'm guessing you could setup the primary to roll to the secondary with broadvox when it is busy. Otherwise if the primary trunk is busy your callers will get all circuits busy.
    It seems too difficult to have to publish multiple phone numbers for your business.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. brianoakes

It sounds like I need to configure additional viop trunks, or they need to route the calls over the existing one. Not exactly sure how that works yet with them.

If anyone uses Broadvox, let me know how you do it. I was hoping to do some testing this weekend. I am sure it's a noob question. :) Appreciate it!

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Looking forward to hearing your solution. I have no experience with Broadvox.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When this happens, do you see a 3CX log, indicating that an incoming call has been rejected, and perhaps, the reason?

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Look here, maybe this will help:

http://www.datapointsoftware.com/external_files/2-LIBRARY/DOCUMENTS/PDF/DPS_VOIP/Online_Document%252fBXSIP%252f3CX_Broadvox_Tech_App_Note0908.pdf

7. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

@Craigreilly Broadvox does roll the lines into eachother, one sip trunk with however many call paths you want. That error message is definitely a Broadvox error message usually received when all call paths are in use. ie you have 3 sip trunks and a 4 call attempts to come in or go out. I'd contact Broadvox customer service directly, it really the only VoIP service provider I use and their support is great for the most part.

8. brianoakes

Thanks for all the info. I will give broadvox a ring on Monday. I had emailed them about something else. They seem to be a bit busy now. I'll let everyone know.

9. brianoakes

Just wanted to update everyone. After a few emails back and forth to Broadvox, and them saying the problem is on my end. It "magically" started working. Keep it mind I didn't change anything. So far, I'm not impressed. But from what I hear, once you get the config working... then it's problem free. So time will tell :)

10. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Definitely a Broadvox problem as that is a Broadvox error message. True sometimes its a pain to get setup, once it's up your good to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.