Broken Link for Sangoma Configuration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SEISupport, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEISupport

Hello - Just noticed you have a broken link for the following instruction:

http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/sangoma.html

Anywhere you have that nugget hidden?

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

It's broken because Sangoma is no longer supported, which is unfortunate

But the process is pretty straightforward. You install the card and the netboarder express software per sangoma instructions. You add the gateway using the included template in 3cx. You save the configuration into the sangoma folder and restart the sangoma services and you're done!

That's from memory..

You can try this link

http://web.archive.org/web/20121014212833/http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/sangoma.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

If Sangoma isn't supported - why is it in the list of Gateway Templates?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SEISupport

Thank you Craig, that was my point. I have already talked with Ben & Brian, neither of them were "hearing" what I was telling them. They just kept redirecting me to the main support page as the end-all-be-all. I suggested they pay some intern with good Google-Fu skillz to find all references to non-supported (fomerly supported) units, then make some notations that it's legacy... I don't have all day to comb through a site to figure out which is which.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Of course... hard to know what is and is not supported, etc. I get your point. 8|

6. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

It's like Aastra templates still being in there. If you have a v11 install and you upgrade it to v12, it will retain the Sangoma templates. But if you do a fresh v12 install, there are no more Sangoma templates. From what I can tell, it was dropped sometime after v11 SP4 came out (and possibly before then). But you will see that Sangoma is no longer listed as a supported PSTN Gateway, and I was told by support while troubleshooting a PRI issue that Sangoma was no longer supported. Considering that just about every IP PBX I can think of uses Sangoma, I'm at a loss as to why 3CX dropped support.

7. SEISupport

Cobal - I'll take a stab at it, which is pure conjecture on my part from my discussions with them. First, they claim it's an issue with too many technical issues with interfacing. I'm not sure I really believe that excuse given my limited experience so far with Sangoma would indicate that the issue is with 3CX, not Sangoma. I think that it's more a tactical position for 3CX to take given the claim many of their customers use virtualization (Hyper-V, etc) and it's just easier to buddy up to Patton (which they tried to push me into) as it's all external. Don't get me wrong, I have a Patton FXO rig, good stuff. I don't like getting brow-beat into a direction because it's easy for them. At half the price of a Patton Gateway anyone can get a Sangoma gateway running on the host.

8. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

@SEISupport

I have to agree with your sentiment there. Sangoma clearly makes quality products, and as far as the virtualization goes, there's always the Vega line of products.

I've only used Patton once, and that's when I had a quirk that I thought was due to a Grandstream 4-port FXO, and I replaced it with the Patton 4-port. Imagine my surprise when the Patton came out of the box feeling just as cheap as the Grandstream (plastic chassis). But that being said, you should have no problem getting Sangoma equipment to work, just don't expect help from 3CX support.

Good luck!

9. badsushi

Pretty tough deal when you choose a supported item and they just remove it... We have put in sangoma boards for a solid year after bringing on 3CX and the 1st time we had real trouble it was oooops sorry unsupported... So convenient

Now looks like grandstream phones and maybe even cisco will be next... Awesome for them they wont have to support anything.

I think it's because the board goes into the pbx and without it being a separate box/NIC you can't tell where problems originate from via wireshark -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.