Solved Browser conference failing to login

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DiegoJCC, Dec 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiegoJCC

Good evening,

We are facing an issue with a computer being unable to log into web conferences via the browser.
    The machine is running Windows 10 and using either Chrome or Firefox to attempt login. Both browsers fail. The user is prompted with the login screen and after granting access to the camera the "login" button remains disabled and the cursor has CSS property "not-allowed" when hovering over the button.
    The login process doesn't complete and the user is unable to log into the call.

This issue is present only on one of our 15 machines, all other can regularly log into conferences using Chrome.

On 3CX website and guides I could find that WebRTC is the only requirement to use web conferencing, and that WebRTC is natively built into Chrome and Firefox.
    Can anyone point me to any source for more detailed system requirements, or has anyone had a similar problem before?

We are running on V15.5 if it matters for this case.

Thanks a lot!
    Diego

#1 DiegoJCC, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  2. DiegoJCC

Thanks cjkoll, that was one of the first things I checked, and everything seemed allowed correctly.

After doing some more testing I realized that although Chrome was able to turn on the camera, it was not receiving any data stream from it. Same also for Firefox. That means any web-based application sees the camera, turns it on, but does not receive any picture.
    Edge seems to be the only browser to correctly receive the camera stream.

In any case this seems not to be related to 3CX, so I would consider it closed from this end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.