bt-101 voicemail message indcator

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rsporco, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsporco

Does anyone know if the Grandstream bt-101 VM indicator light will work 3cx. I have tried some of the phone options but don't see any options for the PBX.
    :?:

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I generally dont recommend using that phone at all to be honest. I doubt that it works, but it does work for Gstream GXP 200, Polycom, Aastra, SNOM and LInksys phones....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rsporco

thanks, I know they aren't certified but I needed to do this project under $500 bucks. 8 phones and a gateway (grandstream 4104). I doubt the gateway has anything to do with the message waiting feature on the phone? Once I get the system up and running I'm hoping they'll purchase an actual license and some better phones.

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Free version doesn't provide MWI notifications at all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rsporco

Thank you, makes sense from a marketing angle. One more reason to upgrade sooner. Just have to use Email as the indicator for now. Appreciate this so I don't rack my brain with protocal variations. I didn't see this any 3cx docs, do they post that MWI does not work in the free version? If not they should. :mrgreen:

6. tigernet

http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/edition-comparison.html

Yes, it is listed as only in commercial editions.

Tim

7. rsporco

Thanks. I didn't see that chart. I'll take it to the project manager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.