Bt Broandband VoIP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bm256, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bm256

Okay, so I managed to BT Broadband Talk working as my VoIP provider in 3cx, briefly, and it does connect, and when it connects, it does work, but then I get this a few seconds later...

01:50:08.621 ClientRegs::eek:nFailure [CM504007]: Next attempt to register 10000@BBT is scheduled in 5 minute
    01:50:08.621 ClientRegs::eek:nFailure [CM504005]: Registration failed for: 10000@BBT; Cause: 400 Too many contacts; from IP:62.239.169.148:5060
    01:49:33.390 ClientRegs::eek:nSuccess [CM504004]: Registration succeeded for: 10000@BBT
    01:49:33.172 ClientRegs::Register [CM504003]: Sent registration request for 10000@BBT

then the same thing happens all over again. I've tried to search for what "Too many contacts" actually means, but it seems any info on SIP errors or how to resolve them is hard to find, even on the Google!

Ben

Edit: Does "Too many contacts" mean that 3cx is trying to send contact addresses to the VoIP provider but it isn't accepting them? If so, how do I get 3cx to not send them. It's causing the line to unregister.

2. smartahome

Hi bm256,

I'm afraid that I don't have an answer to your question here but perhaps I may ask you one..? :oops:

I was wondering how you went about setting up BT as your VOIP provider. I am having a terrible time configuring 3CX to work with my 056xx.. number.
    Thank you :)
    JW

3. smartahome

Nevermind. I have posted a new thread.
    Thanks.

4. Chris Martin

Hi,

Please use 3CX-supported VoIP Providers such as Sipgate, anyhow they are listed on our website. We have never tested BT and we are not in control of the Internet Access Device they are probably providing you with. It may be a closed system.

BT are free to contact us if they wish to talk about interop :).

Rgds,

C.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. smartahome

Hello.
    Funny you should mention that...
    I joined Sipgate 2 days ago. I have entered all the relelvant details for their service but it won't register either (having given up on BT). I see that 3CX Server s/ware has a template for Sipgate and although I have done everything required (port forwarding etc), it still won't register.

Any tips? Is there a Sipgate walkthough, perhaps (in case I have screwed up there!! :shock: )?
    I have been through these forums looking for an answer quite extensively but with no luck...

John
    (p.s. ironically, my BT line randomly registers thru 3CX and calls can be received, but not made. It's stopped working again now :roll: Might this be a hint as to what could be wrong with Sipgate?)

6. 3CXdistuk

Hi smartahome,

I have two sipgate accounts connected to my 3CX installation, everything just worked first time for me. I know that is probably not much help.

Check your sipgate/3CX settings and firewall settings. What errors are you getting in the Activity Log, when 3CX tries to register with sipgate?

7. smartahome

Hi sospito,

Haha! No, not much help..! But thanks for posting - it's the only thing that made me smile with Sipgate so far!

Anyhoo, I and my brother (and we're no amateur techies) have both been over the firewall and sipgate/3cx settings many, many times. So I am assuming they are correct 8)

However, in the Activity log there is no mention of sipgate trying to register and failing to do so. I do have a Failed to transpot to host 0.0.0.0 just come up though, after a restart of the 3cx system. It's just funny that sipgate isn't mentioned. I have read on other posts that peole are manually registering to their provider but I don't know how to do that... (maybe I am a techie amateur! lol).
    I have also tried to input the settings for sipgate direct into the clint but that doesn't work either.

Like I said, too, when I dial my sipgate number, I get a 'not in use' dial tone. I am unsure whether this is becasue the 3cx software is not set up correctly or there's something wrong with sipgate registrations..?

Finally: AAAARRRRGH!!!
    ;)

8. 3CXdistuk

Smartahome,

Glad to bring a smile :lol:

What version of 3CX are you using, v7?
    What OS?
    Does the 3CX machine have a static IP?

The message Failed to transport to host 0.0.0.0 is a problem. I am an amatuer techie :lol: However, this would seem to indicate that 3CX is cannot find the NIC of the host, could be completely wrong of course. Maybe others on the community help me out here.

In 3CX under the Settings->Advanced->Advanced tab, have you set the static IP address of the 3CX server as the Local SIP domain?

Have you set the stun server to stun.sipgate.net:10000, under Settings->Network->Stun server tab.

Here are the logs that I am getting for sipgate registration:

17:45:11.484 [CM504004]: Registration succeeded for: 10001@sipgate2
    17:45:11.406 [CM504004]: Registration succeeded for: 10000@sipgate
    17:45:09.828 [CM504003]: Sent registration request for 10001@sipgate2
    17:45:09.812 [CM504003]: Sent registration request for 10000@sipgate
    17:45:09.718 IP(s) added:[localhost]
    17:45:04.343 [CM504004]: Registration succeeded for: 10001@sipgate2
    17:45:03.937 [CM504004]: Registration succeeded for: 10000@sipgate
    17:45:03.671 [CM504003]: Sent registration request for 10001@sipgate2
    17:45:03.671 [CM504003]: Sent registration request for 10000@sipgate
    17:45:01.781 [CM506002]: Resolved SIP external IP:port (78.146.200.231:18765) on Transport localhost:5060
    17:45:01.546 [CM506001]: STUN request to resolve SIP external IP:port mapping is sent to STUN server 69.0.208.27:3478 over Transport localhost:5060
    17:44:59.906 [CM501006]: Default Local IP address: [localhost]

HTH 8)

9. kevin

kevin Member

Hi smartahome

It seems from your past posts that you are behind some dynamic NAT device that keeps changing the port mappings to the PBX.

Please be aware that some NAT devices will STILL dynamically NAT connections originating from inside the LAN even though you have configured port forwarding correctly.

Regards

Kevin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. paul.hadley

paul.hadley New Member

I am not sure if i will get away with this post as it mentions a competitor of 3CX, but here goes.

I tried getting BT Talk working with 3CX but had similar problems with keeping the registration. However on old colleague of mine had it working on Axon PBX fine.

With this in mind I wondered if I could use Axon to bridge into 3CX.

I will assume anyone wanting to try this has been able to download the "real" sip authority name and password for their BT VoiP connection. The link to do that is http://www.bt.com/bbt

Download Axon PBX (I used 2.21) but I guess other versions work as well. Install Axon on the same server as 3CX is installed. Once installed there are a few annoying wizards to get through. Once they are finished go into the options and network panel in Axon and make the following changes :-

Local Sip Port 4000

Local RTP Port 4100

UN Tick use UPNP

UN Tick use STUN

TICK Use static IP Address and enter the local IP address for your server

External Sip Port 4000

External RTP Port 4100

Now forward the ports 4000 4100 - 4110 to your server IP from your router

Restart Axon and it should now running fine on its new ports without any conflicts with 3CX

Now enter the web administration module for Axon

Under System Settings

UN Tick Enable Agent Server

Select Send directly to other side (work as own SMTP server)

UN Tick Enable integrated Axon voicemail

UN Tick Enable integrated Axon auto-attendant

and then save the changes

Under Extensions & Groups

Remove all the extensions created by the wizard and create one called bttalk with a password of you choice. Under Action if No Answer or Busy select Take no action (ringing will continue until caller hangs up)

Under External Dialing

Remove any external lines created by the wizard and add one for BT Talk as follows :-

Select a line name of "BT Talk"

Select Use Gateway Server

Enter server: btsip.bt.com

Enter SIP Login: 44(plus your bt talk number without the zero)

For Incoming Calls Ring on Extension or Group drop down the box and select bttalk

Then go to Advance Line Settings

Remove the (9) from the caller ID settings

TICK Always relay audio (only use if one direction audio lost)

Tick Enable CID pass through on blind transfers from external numbers

Save Changes and on the next page save changes again.

Under dialing plans edit the entry "Default" so that If none of the above applies, dial on line is set to BT Talk

then close Axon completely

Now make an entry in you hosts file as following :-

62.239.169.132 btsip.bt.com

Restart Axon and the control window should show Registered as sip:44xxxxxxxxxxx@btsip.bt.com

Now in 3CX create a new VoiP Provider to log into Axon on your local IP address, port 4000 and the password you used in Axon when creating the bttalk extension. After creating the VoiP provider edit the entry in the advanced section so that the IP to use in the contact field is "Specified IP" and that is set to the local IP of your server.

Set your dialing plans as required to use the account

You should now be able to both receive and make calls with Axon providing a relay between 3CX and the BT Sip Server. We have had the configuration running for six days and it has been fine (3CX V11). I have to admit I have no idea why 3CX does not hold the registration while Axon can but it does. Its a lot more basic than 3CX so may be it just has less opportunity to conflict with the BT server which I think is a bit strange in its operation.

Axon has very small foot print so it runs in the system tray without any impact on the sever performance proving the relay. The free version of Axon supports 5 extensions and one sip line so once the trial period ends there should be no problem with the configuration continuing to run without the need to purchase Axon as it only uses one extension and one provider.

I hope that helps anyone with a BT Talk account make use of it through 3CX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.