Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

BT Infinity - Home Hub 5 - Port 5060 ISSUES

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by COM-TEL, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COM-TEL

Hello members,

I have been told that the BT Home hub 5 has issues in Port forwarding 5060 to 3CX installations.

I am satisfied that the Debian version of 3CX I have installed is installed correctly as I get the all green on the firewall checker, with the exception of port 5060 which keeps appearing with the error "unmatched mapping".

I have tried a different modem/router (Zyxel VMG8924) and get the same error.

Is this a modem / port forwarding issue and I have just been unlucky with both modems, or is it something more Sinister!

I'm sure I'm not the only one to have experienced this with the BT homehub 5.

Any recommendations for a substitute?

Thanks in advance.

2. Dave-TTG

Hi COM-TEL

The HomeHub 5 has SIP ALG enabled by default and no option to disable it, so it's no good for VoIP - Basically the SIP ALG messes around with the SIP ports and modifies them which then means the PBX receives audio on a different port than it was expecting. Generally resulting in silent or one-way audio calls.

It's likely that you're having the same problem with the Zyxel, but i'm not familiar with that model so unsure if you can disable it or not. Have a look in the GUI and look for SIP ALG or SIP Application Layer Gateway etc

In terms of replacement, i'd look at the Ubiquiti Edgerouter series or if you need built in ADSL/VDSL then go with a Draytek 2860

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Dave-TTG, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  3. COM-TEL

Thanks for taking the time to reply Dave.

I'm not convinced about the HH5 having SIP ALG enabled as aside from the 3CX installation, I also have a Yealink phone connected to it that hooks up to our PortaOne switch in the USA and that works fine with no issues. However, I stand to be corrected.

I've given up with the Zyxel. It has far too many configurable checky/ticky boxes with technical words and specs that gives me nightmares!

I tend to agree with you that there must be some kind of setting in the HH5 that needs to be changed, but just cant access it. All other port forwarding works fine.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Google searches reveal a number of issues similar to the one you have. This one, and I am sure there are others, indicates one possible way of getting into the device, but I have no idea if specific to your model and firmware:
    https://support.aa.net.uk/VoIP_Phones_-_BT_HomeHub

Others had to get with BT support and some reported getting assistance in getting it to work. It does not appear to be specific to 3CX per se, but VoIP in general when using 5060. I do not know if SIP ALG or if perhaps some functionality in the HH5 that might also use the same port.

How is the Yealink connected and is port forwarding in use to it and if so, could this be in the way of 3CX?

You did not mention if the issue is related to 3CX being behind the HH5 and if the issue is in trying to connect a SIP Trunk provider or if a remote phone. Depending on what is being connected, there are settings that influence the messaging and I also guess that it could be one of these as well or only that is hindering your efforts.

5. COM-TEL

3CX is on a standalone machine, Debian 8, connected to the HH5.
    Firewall checker is OK except the port 5060 issue.
    Sip Trunk all connected ok.

I really dont think it is a SIP ALG issues as my Yealink phone is plugged into the HH5 also and works fine and has always worked fine even before installation of 3CX.

I think I will just invest in a new VDSL router!

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The Yealink functionality is not necessarily a good gauge by which to determine the issue.
    The Yealink, is it also using port 5060 as the local SIP port? Does the Yealink have rport enabled?
    Is port 5060 forwarded and if so, to what device.

This is not to say that a replacing the router may not be a solution, as it may be; but rather why does the Yealink work when both are SIP conforming devices? If the local SIP port is different than 5060 or if rport is enabled, then the Yealink is only using 5060 to send out and a different port to receive which may explain why it works. The same can be done with 3CX as you can change the SIP port.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.