BUG?: 3cx Assistant Provisioning Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by carolinainnovative, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolinainnovative

    Joined:
    May 4, 2009
    Messages:
    369
    Likes Received:
    6
    Folks,

    I may have found a small bug in the auto-provisioning part of 3cx ASsistant.

    For a few extensions, I have customized the SIP ID to be the user's name. Mine is one of them. It is ccamp.

    When using the provisioning URL for 3cxAssistant - the assistant appears to use the AuthID/SIP ID field in the XML instead of the extension number for its extension number. This causes the 3cx Assistant to refuse to connect to the server.

    AS always, i may be missing something - or may have my configuration wrong...

    Currently running version 9.0.12850.372 of 3cx - running on Windows Server 2008.
    3cx Assistant running on Windows 7 64Bit. Installed Version 9.0.12857.0, Executable version 9.0.0.12856
     
  2. LeonidasG

    LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2008
    Messages:
    1,473
    Likes Received:
    94
    Hi,

    What you're saying is a bit impossible simply because the SIP ID does not even exist in the provisioning file.
    You can check for yourself in the provisioning folder:
    C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\TcxProvFiles and select the appropriate provisioning file for each extension.



    For extension 100 that has a SIP ID and Name of: GUMP, this is what appears in the Provisioning file.

    <Extension>100</Extension>
    <AuthID>100</AuthID>
    <AuthPass>100</AuthPass>
    <VMAILPIN>100</VMAILPIN>

    You cannot see the name: GUMP anywhere.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. carolinainnovative

    Joined:
    May 4, 2009
    Messages:
    369
    Likes Received:
    6
    I hear what you are saying - but... this is pulled directly from the link in the provisioning email sent by 3cx...

    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
    - <tconfig>
      <Extension>101</Extension> 
      <AuthID>ccamp</AuthID> 
      <AuthPass>redacted</AuthPass> 
      <VMAILPIN>redacted</VMAILPIN> 
      <PBXLocalAddr>redacted</PBXLocalAddr> 
      <PBXPublicAddr>redacted</PBXPublicAddr> 
      <PBXSipPort>5060</PBXSipPort> 
      <UseStun /> 
      <StunServer /> 
      <StunServerPort>3478</StunServerPort> 
      <StunServer1 /> 
      <StunServerPort1>3478</StunServerPort1> 
      <StunServer2 /> 
      <StunServerPort2>3478</StunServerPort2> 
      <Codecs /> 
      <Voicemail>999</Voicemail> 
      <SIPTransport /> 
      <RTPTransport /> 
      <DtmfRFC2833 /> 
      <DtmfInband /> 
      <DtmfSipinfo /> 
      <DtmfPayload /> 
      <RegistrationTime /> 
      <UseTunnel>1</UseTunnel> 
      <TunnelPort>5090</TunnelPort> 
      <TunnelPass>abc</TunnelPass> 
      <UseProxy /> 
      <ProxyAddr /> 
      </tconfig>
     
  4. nb

    nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2007
    Messages:
    2,123
    Likes Received:
    150
    can you send me the xml file?

    Vmail pin has to be only numbers. it can never be letters.

    Can you check the provisioning for the other extensions too?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. carolinainnovative

    Joined:
    May 4, 2009
    Messages:
    369
    Likes Received:
    6
    I'll happily send it - the vmail pin IS numbers but if you look, I redacted the passwords and ip addresses - so the word "redacted" is what I put in there - not what the system put in there.

    I just checked another extension - the AuthID bit is showing the username as well - AS IT SHOULD BE. That would be the only way for it to give the client the correct authentication information. If it gave the extension number in that field regardless of what I had the Authentication ID set to in 3cx, then 3cx soft phone would not authenticate.

    My concern is with 3cx assistant using the WRONG FIELD to pull the extension number. It is looking SPECIFICALLY for the extension number and NOT the AuthID, and as such should be pulling from the Extension field instead.

    See here:
     

    Attached Files:

  6. nb

    nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2007
    Messages:
    2,123
    Likes Received:
    150
    Bug - thanks for the update - We will fix in this coming next release

    Well done !!!!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.