Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Bug after updating to V15 Up. 5 - Outgoing call not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jonas Gazoli, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonas Gazoli

Dear all,

It seems a critical protocol bug for me.

I had installed V15 - Update 4 for Linux just before the Update 5 has been released.

I registered the SIP Trunk, all incoming and outgoing calls worked fine. The Update 5 was released and then I updated my PBX.

Simply the outgoing call stoped worked without any parameter changing. After many tries, I´ve found that something went wrong to the communication protocol between the PBX and my provider:

upload_2017-3-12_22-19-57.png

The Event Log shows "Call or Registration to XXX@(Ln.10000@XXX) has failed. XXX replied: 603 Decline; from IP:XXX:5060"

I decided to create another PBX Linux instance, this time installing the new and fresh Update 5. I used the same Trunk and outgoing parameters than the other instance and, for my surprise, it worked.

So, something went much wrong with the updating process from V15-4 to V15-5 and I´m trying to realise if is there anything that I can do in order to get my PBX (which has a lot of configurations) working without the need to reinstall it.

I´d appreciate if someone from 3CX reply to this thread.

Thanks a lot.

Jonas

2. andreaschr

Hi Jonas,

It's the VoIP Provider that sent 603 Decline, not the PBX.

Can you try deleting and recreating this Sip Trunk?
    If this does not work can you ask your VoipProvider why they send 603 Decline?

3. Jonas Gazoli

Hi Andre,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the Provider is sending 603 due to the fact the PBX doesn´t seem to be returning authentication.

Since your post I´ve been trying many alternatives, including:
    - reinstall the PBX after a apt-get purge;
    - terminate my linux cloud instance, create a fresh one and install the PBX from the begining (I had to ask the licence release to 3CX team);

It´s important to say that my license was purchased on March 1st (3CXPBXTOPS12M4). Before that, I used the same license but in Trial mode and everything was working great, including outbound calls. My provider requests G729 codec.

Everything has failed to my tests, except when I got a new Trial license and used it in a equivalent 3CX setup. For my surprise it worked. I could make outbound calls normally without any error.

In summary, for the equal 3CX linux installations:
    * using my registered license I always got "Forbiden" for a outgoing call.
    * Using a trial license I can make calls normally.

My conclusion is that the problem is related to my license.

Is there anyway to check on this?

Thank you.

best,

4. andreaschr

Hi Jonas,

From the screenshot that you attached PBX send authentication (is the second INVITE SDP)
    and then VoiProvider is Replaying with 100 Trying.

603 it means that This response indicates that the callee was contacted but cannot or does not want to participate in the call.

The only different that i can think between your License and free License is the g729 codec, is not available on free license.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.