BUG: Caller ID Not Forwarded to Mobile**SOLVED

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KerryG, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I had this working perfectly before but now a call that is forwarded in my extension's forwarding rules (with Rebound) is no longer showing the caller ID of the calling party. I am back to getting the PBX's caller ID.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Re: BUG: Caller ID Not Forwarded to Mobile

Hi set to originator caller id. It was a bug before. Outbound caller id is for an extension's outbound cid with did.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. brentrichburg

Do you change this in the PSTN Outbound Tab?

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes Outbound parameters of each and every trunk, VoIP Provider.

Let me know how you get on with this. We tested this before release but it was one of the last changes we did before so any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

How this should work:

YOu have 2 variables which are sensitive to this change - One is Outbound CID and the other is Originator CID.

Outbound CID will trigger the caller id that you have in the Extension Outbound CID. (This can be your DID number)
    Originator CID will trigget the Original Caller's CID that came on the External incoming call. This will be kept and replaced in the invite on it's way out to rebound.

We implemented these changes in Ring my mobile sim, Rebound and external forwarding.

We did this because some providers AGAIN!!! instead of hardcoding the CID to their main numbers decided to drop the call completely. But what can we do. there are providers out there that Will not process a call on their servers unless it contains CID's that it knows of or that it owns.

Let me know on this guys, I will be monitoring.

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: BUG: Caller ID Not Forwarded to Mobile**FIXED

Any news on this? I re tested this and it works in both IVR, Ring my mobile (dialer) and Rebound.
    Let me know guys in your scenarios.

6. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I guess I am missing something from your explanation as I couldn't figure out what it is you wanted me to change.

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You want to see the originator CID correct not the Outgoing number of the line.

So you go to the VoIp Provider / Outbound parameter tab
    In from Display name for example change it to originator CID. If it is already like this, contact me by email nb@3cx.com and we would wish to investigate this please.

Thanks for the update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.