[Bug] DTMF Stops accepting digits in voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KerryG, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I was cleaning out a mailbox manually that had about 110 voicemails in it. At about 40 messages of hitting 3 then # the system would stop accepting the DTMF tones and I would have to log out of voicemail and dial back in for it to start recognizing the tones again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

This is a feature / security measure to stop abuse / DoS attacks against the PBX.
    The IVR Automatically stops accepting DTMF's after a specific amount of DTMF's have been sent during a single session.

The amount of DTMF's you need to press is well over 100 to even trigger this. :lol:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

While this is probably pretty rare, the system should never simply stop functioning. A better solution would be to play a message like "DTMF tone limit reached, please restart your session to continue" this way a user knows that something is happening and what to do versus simply having the system stop working with no notification.

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yeah agreed.

I'll see what can be done regarding that.
    Maybe a message to prompt the user that he's reached a limit or another message of sorts...

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I think that would be far preferable to just not working. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.