BUG: Manually changing in/out of office

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by danoh, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danoh

I have an extension set to change status automatically when out of the office. I use this extension as a dummy extension in order to route incoming calls via callerid.

I have office hours setup in the system.

The office hours I have setup work perfectly using the correct "available" and "out of office" setups on the dummy extension when the in/out of office time switches automatically.

BUG -- when I switch to in/out of office manually using the * dial code, the extension ignores it and will continue to use the office hours configured in the system.

PROPOSED FIX -- extensions set to automatically switch to out of office outside of office hours should switch when office in/out of office status is switched manually using a * dial code.

This is causing a real head ache with my particular setup.

I really wish I didn't have to route everything through a dummy extension to being with, but this is the only way to route based on inbound callerid that I can see. Sure would be nice if 3cx would have the same "exception" tab on the actual incoming line configs from a PTSN or VOIP provider...

2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, the dial code to control in/out office status PBX is not used for changing of Profiles Extensions.
    This dial code is used for your PSTN/ Voip Providers to go office/outside office hours.

To change Profile Extensions Statuses you have 4 options to choose from -
    1. Managemenet ( Winforms / Web )
    2. Myphone
    3. Assistant
    4. Vmail (999 > 9 > 1 ....)

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. danoh

This I realize, but if the extension is set to use the global office hours, then the extension should change whenever the global office hours change - automatically or not.

4. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, so the bug is that we offer a feature where you can set your extension to use auto switch Profiles by checking a checkbox or else uncheck the checkbox so all extensions will remain Available?

We offer 2 options Global and Specific. Now these 2 "Configure Hours" kicks in when you enable Auto-switch status. Without that Action checked all your extension will remain Available, except if you changed them manually. Irrespective what configure hours you set, without that action checked - all your extensions will remain Available.

This is how it works, please if you have any ideas add them at http://3cx.ideascale.com/ we are ready to satisfy all our customers.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. danoh

I see. It's just unfortunate that it works this way (for me anyhow). The reason being is that using a "dummy" extension is the only way to route inbound calls based on the callerid of the caller. This effectively takes away the "feature" of manually putting the phone system into a "Day" or "Night" mode using the office hours.

I have put in a feature request at ideascale about having the ability to route incoming calls via callerid in the line config itself to eliminate this problem. Having inbound routing based on callerid in the line config would also be a LOT less confusing and convoluted.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.