• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Bug on call queues?**Pending 3CX DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

matictec

Reaction score
We have updated our V8 to V9.133373. On our call quees the ringing duration has no effect anymore. Although we set a ringing duration of 900 sec...the phones only rings about 20-30 sec. We also create a new call queue and select different ringing methods, but with the same effect.

Re: Bug on call queues?

We haven't experienced such an issue yet with V8-V9 Restoring.
Could you send a copy of your backup to [email protected] to check it out please?

In v9 phone's no-answer timeout time is taken into account. So, if your phone is set to do something (for example, forward to v-mail) after 30 sec -- it will not ring 900 sec. Only 30.

OK, but is this usefull? It would be better if there were an option to use the extensions ringtime. For us the use of the no.answer timeout from extension is not a good solution. we have to change our forwarding rules to get the old behavior.

With this new behaviour couldnt you risk that an user "jams" the whole queue if the user is setting a low no answer timeout?

I hope this will be changed that the ringduration of the queue will be uesed. if a costumer is in our queue for a longer time on the phones are a lot of missed call, all from the one caller who wait in the queue.

bangsjaman said:
With this new behaviour couldnt you risk that an user "jams" the whole queue if the user is setting a low no answer timeout?

No risk. As soon as all agent polling calls are rejected by timeouts (or other means) -- new poll is generated. So at least one agent's phone is ringing at a time.

But the ringing duration that can be defined for a queue has no function anymore. I think if a ringing duration is defined this should be used. if no ringing duration is definded (empty inputfield) the duration of the extension should be used. this would be a nice option.

matictec said:
But the ringing duration that can be defined for a queue has no function anymore.

Wrong. It has function. Minimum of two durations is used for each polling call.
Example: you have RingAll queue with ringing duration of 60 sec. You have two agents. One has 30 sec ringing timeout, second has 120 seconds timeout. First phone will ring 30 seconds, than dropped. Second will ring 60 seconds, then poll repeats.

Ahh...ok. But what if i want that a direct call will be forwarded after 10 sec. for exsample to my voicemail. but on a call from queue i want that my extension rings 180 sec as defined for queue?

i do not want that i can see many times the same number on my missed calls list. for my opinion is is not practicable to set my extension timeout to 180 only to get old behavior.

i know that sometimes chenges have to been made, but i wish the old behavior will become an option.

1) I see no reason to have different behavior for calls from Q and not from Q.
2) If you need differentiate it -- make two accounts for your phone and register it with two separate extensions - one for direct calls, one for calls from Q. It is simple enough solution that allows not too overcomplicate PBX logic and settings.

But what to do if i use 3cx phone only (we realy do this)? here i can not register two accounts at the same time.

At all i think the behavior in V8 for queues with the option "ring all" to ring all extensions the time that could be set was better for my opinion. But i see that i am nearly alone with this opionion. But as I said before: sometimes changes are neccessary.

By the way: will there be an option in 3cx assistant to open myphone portal using https instead of http?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YBow
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.