Solved Bug Report - 3CX Displays HTTPS URL for provisioning for Yealink W56P

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by infodatek, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. infodatek

I'd like to report a bug, which we walked into while trying to provision the Yealink W52P/W56P DECT station remotely.

First we flashed to the supported firmware and rebooted of course. After that we tried to provision . We wanted to provision it using Direct SIP (STUN remote), because the phone will be used on an off-site premise and we manually entered the URL below for provisioning (we obfuscated part of the URL for security reasons), the phone said the autoprovision configuration was updated, but nothing happened. After troubleshooting, we found that autoprovision on a Yealink W52P/W56P does NOT work properly over HTTPS. It seems that the Yealink W52P/W56P does not support HTTPS for some reason. We resolved it by provisioning over HTTP and it's working fine right now, but the Provisioning Link by default contains HTTPS and an incorrect port number (which we adjusted). I think that should be adjusted to avoid confusion. sshotyealink.png

2. infodatek

P.S.: I just noted that the autoprovision URL gets updated to HTTPS again, so after provisioning, a re-provision does not work until you manually change the URL again.

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @infodatek

Please note that W52/W56 does work over HTTPS and it is supported for remote provisioning. If i understand correctly you are trying to set the phone up as remote while you are still in the same network as the PBX with the intent of moving it later on.
    This will not work from inside the network as your FQDN might not resolve to the server internally and your firewall might be blocking the connection to the public IP if you are coming from inside the network.

Are you using a 3CX FQDN or your own? If you are using your own please make sure that your certificate is accepted by Yealink.
    Please make sure that you are on the supported firmware and try provisioning the phone outside your network to see if that is working for you.
    https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-dect-w52p/

4. infodatek

We're currently preparing the IP Phones for shipment to the customer site tomorrow. The provider is a 3CX supported cloud provider in The Netherlands, so it's definitely not a FQDN issue. Ports aren't being blocked either, because the Yealink T42S IP phones are provisioning just fine (over HTTPS). We're using a FQDN from the 3CX supported cloud provider. The SSL certificate has been verified and accepted. Anyway, I've started a case with 3CX support, to see what they'll come up with.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please keep us updated if a solution is found or let me know of the ticket number so i can assist if possible.

6. infodatek

Tech Support helped us to resolve the issue. It had to do with the fact that the cloud based provider uses COMODO SSL Certificates, which are not supported by Yealink by default. I've resolved the issue, by provisioning the phones over HTTP and then changing the link back to HTTPS. After that updating just works fine, as the Yealink W56P accepts modifications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.