• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Bug with a duplicate telephone number

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilh

Reaction score
Hi

I think I've found a bug...

It looks like when you add a new sip trunk, if you specify a duplicate number, it only checks the port identification field and not the authentication id field.

Basically, I create a new sip trunk, typed a number and it went to the next page, but then I got an error saying "An exception occurred EditVoipProvider Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". and it repeated this error if I selected the VOIP provider.

cu6uM6c.jpg

If I change the port identification to match the authentication id, this does not occur as I get a friendly error telling me that I can't have a duplicate number.

FYI... I was trying to add two sip providers in a cluster by their actual IP instead of the cluster ip... so the same number can come from both machines... Guess I can't do it this way!

I tried doing this on V14 SP2 but it always seems to give me the same message "A line with the same Number already exists..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.