Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Bug with a duplicate telephone number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wilh, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilh

Hi

I think I've found a bug...

It looks like when you add a new sip trunk, if you specify a duplicate number, it only checks the port identification field and not the authentication id field.

Basically, I create a new sip trunk, typed a number and it went to the next page, but then I got an error saying "An exception occurred EditVoipProvider Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". and it repeated this error if I selected the VOIP provider.

[​IMG]

If I change the port identification to match the authentication id, this does not occur as I get a friendly error telling me that I can't have a duplicate number.

FYI... I was trying to add two sip providers in a cluster by their actual IP instead of the cluster ip... so the same number can come from both machines... Guess I can't do it this way!

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I tried doing this on V14 SP2 but it always seems to give me the same message "A line with the same Number already exists..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.