Buggy Click to Dial / CallVia3CX Chrome Extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MVpbx, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MVpbx

Hi, I've been having some problems using CallVia3CX browser plugin.
    3CX PRO/ PC / Windows 7 Pro / Insightly CRM / Chrome Version 54.0.2840.99 m / 3CX client/plugin has ‘Trusted’ status in antivirus.

CallVia3CX plugin is buggy. Sometimes works, most of the time - doesn’t.
    Plugin work only after I clear Crome’s browser history [plugin data etc]. After browser re-launched, plugin not working again. I have to clear history/settings again.
    The bug is most likely related to Chrome security settings. If instead of ‘tcxcallto’ using ‘tel’ or ‘callto’ browser will ask for an External Protocol Request to launch a calling app like Skype. It doesn’t matter if skype is working in the background or not – it gets launched.

Any help will be appreciated. Purchased the PRO for this single feature to automate calling. Thank you!

2. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello,

Skype also use CALLTO and TEL protocols for their software. If you do not specify on your OS which software you want to open those protocols then the OS will ask you which software will target to. However, to make 3CX Client as a default software for CALLTO and TEL protocol go to : Start > Default Programs > Set your Default programs > 3CXPhone > Choose default for this program and check both CALLTO and TEL protocol.

When you click on a number using CALLTO , TEL or TCXCALLTO protocols then chrome browser will pop up with a dialog for External Protocol Request asking you if you want to make as a default program for these requests to be 3CX Client. Then you can either check the option "Remember my choise..........." and Launch Application so each time you click on a number it will not ask you again or you can leave the check box as is and each time you click on a number it will pop up with the same message. This is how chrome's protocol handler works.

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MVpbx

Thank you Marios! That worked.
    For folks having the same problem: on a PC goto Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs and make 3CX your default calling program

4. Patrick Hogan10

Hi MVpbx,

Glad that Marios was able to help you with your problem. Just in case you encounter this problem again, I suggest you use Tenfold next time. It's a CTI that has a click-to-call function which allows you to make and take calls even while opening your browser. Their system's UI will just float out on the browser which makes creating notes and events more accessible during a call. No need to open your CRM as it automatically syncs all call information there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.