Build 3790 - Extensions and Line Still stick

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jantoney, Feb 5, 2008.

1. jantoney

bump...

Just bringing this back into the spot light... Just looking at past issues... with no responces
    Is anyone still having these issues??
    I know that i get a lot of calls terminating by them selves when trying to call out via a PSTN... but i havn't looked into it yet...

3CX - Are any of these know bugs and fixed in V5.1??

I have most of this config and will attempt to test over the next few days and get back to you!

2. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

I get this every day.
    Please see image

The only way to resolve this is to restart the 3cx services under windows.
    This is VERY annoying

3. ackrts

We have the same problem with our newly installed system.(build 5.0.3790.0). Everything works great for a while, then the extensions appear to be in use (connected 999). After a while longer the voice quality gets poorer and poorer until you can't hear any voice prompts from other extensions. Using Grandstream 2000 desktop phone with 3 sip accounts. :?: We swapped out our switch, thinking it was a network issue, but it still happens.

4. jantoney

Hi,

thank you for your replay ackrts and bluefox8080.
    Does either of you know how to use wireshark?
    if so could you please do a wireshark capture while making a phonecall when this issue is happening?

in the mean time you might want to script the server to reboot all the services at midnight everynight or something. If you need help with this let me know and i will post details

All other users getting this please post back in this format (copy & pase with your details)
    Are you using softphones:
    Type:
    Are you using Hardphones:
    Type:
    Switch make model:
    Router make model:
    are you using PSTN>VOIP converters:
    make/model:
    are you using a voip prodicer for lines:
    provider name:
    how often does this issue happen:
    what (if anything) makes it worse:

thankyou in advanced

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

This issue happens when one of the calling parties does not send a BYE request.

We are investigating potential problems in the DR. In 5.1 we also fixed an issue whereby a call could remain in calling state.

However, if the gateway does not send a BYE or a network problem occurs which prevents a BYE being sent, then the call may remain connected. We are currently researching ways to implement some global time out for calls - for example after 2 hours a call will be disconnected. Because of the nature of SIP - i.e endpoints connect together and bypass sip server - its not easy to determine whether the call is still active or not.

As always, business grade gateways (not Linksys 3102) will make a big difference. Also please retry with 5.1

If you still have an issue, please describe what equipment you are using and approximately when it happens and how often. Logs would be good too, you can send them to my email address.

6. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is happening because the PBX is not receiving a disconnect tone from the LINKSYS. I am sure that the telco provider is sending the BYE. Linksys is not receiving the disconnect tone or not recognizing it.
    In fact the extension/gateway is not actually stuck - IVR logs show in this case that the IVR prompt is still playing. It replays itself.

1. Hangup during DR from PSTN (3102's) may cause the line to stick, system required reboot, happens about once every 2-4 days - Sys reeboot is not necessary - If it is what we think, all you need is restart the IVR service. Of course this is not supposed to happen but better than a reboot. This could be a problem with the disconnect tone. Check the disconnect tone for your country. Put this into the LINKSYS gateway in the section PSTN Disconnect Detection. But I confirmed that the Linksys is not sending a BYE to the PBX. This is why the call is still active.
    Is CPC (calling party control) enabled on the linksys? This is important especially when voicemail and DR are concerned. Used to detect when calling party disconnects. Set to Yes.

2) DR responses are too long people hang up - You mean that when an incoming call to PSTN, it remains in ringing state for a long time before DR kicks in? In this case do the following - FXO Timer Values (sec) // PSTN Answer Delay: Set to 1 or 0. You will notice a small decrease in time for the SPA to answer.

3/5. Hung DR PSTN lines causes further instability, eventually hangs VOIP and sometimes extensions - Depends what gateway you are refering to. But yes May cause a problem if the DR rings and nothing is pressed. If you press a menu key then everything will proceed as normal. But This is not related to DR only. Try and make a call and forward it to a sip phone directly. Establish call and Disconnect from the PSTN side first. You will notice that the Linksys and the PHONE are still seen as connected although you can hear the disconnect tone. The linksys does not send a BYE to the PBX. The call is disconnected because the CALLED party disconnects and sends a bye. In turn the PBX sends a BYE to the LINKSYS.

4. Transfer of DR at timeout to a call group sometimes fail, logs say call is disconnected - we will need logs for this problem.
    6. No yellow "calling" traffic lights on called extensions when calling - we cannot replicate this. Extensions turn to Yellow when ringing.

7. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Update:

We have identified this - the 'no action' on timeout does not disconnect the call and can be the cause of calls which remain in connected status. We are fixing it today, for upload tomorrow or else monday. This will not be requiring a re install but will be pushing up with the install updates function.