Build numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by carolinainnovative, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolinainnovative

Well - I see you guys have dropped the build numbers on the download link... does this mean you're confident this might be the final release?

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Indeed we are Salter. 8)

We are hoping that this is going to be the final release for V9.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Bummer, I was hoping to see the caller id issue with rebound fixed before it went final.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What issue would that be?

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

We have been through this before and you even had me run tests to confirm this. If you directly forward a call to a cell phone the inbound caller ID is sent to your cell phone. However, if you use rebound you get the PBX's phone number instead of the caller id.

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We will check this out. No problem - fixes with the system updates procedure can be distributed on the fly with V9.

Kerry - Can you send me a wireshark capture with rebound and one without and tellme what caller ID you see and what you expect to see on the mobile? send to nb@3cx.com

7. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Sorry, i can't remember every single bug that i've talked about on the forum after going through so many bugs every day :lol:
    "Again" we will check into this and let you know what turns up.

And as Nicky said, updates / fixes will now be available via the 3CX Updater, no need for extra builds each time there's a fix.

8. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Sounds like a good reason to have a public bug tracker.

9. carolinainnovative

+1!!

(ok, so this isn't the feature request forum - sue me :p )

10. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You can +1 that as much as you like, it ain't happening :lol:

Again, not happening. It's simply up to the "Admin" and not us lowly peons.

11. carolinainnovative

Hell's Bells! the admin is on here somewhere - lets get him in this thread! :p - seriously - even if it wasn't 100% public but only open to partners and perhaps folks who are "expert" and above on the forum - that would be an improvement.

12. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I have asked that premium partners be allowed to access a bug tracker, been turned down multiple times. 3CX is not run as a community project.

13. carolinainnovative

Of course not - wouldn't want it to be - but a bug tracker for partners or premium partners might help. I guess we could just open support tickets with each one... ;-)

14. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Having been the project manager for an open source IP PBX system for a couple of years, I think there is extreme value in being more transparent about your product and what is happening with it along with being open about bugs and feature request tracking. That it not to say that decisions about the product should be done by the community, just that having community involvement can garner much more loyalty.

15. carolinainnovative

Well, Kerry - maybe one day, they'll listen to you. : )

16. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We were going to do this - we just got caught up with some other stuff and put it on the side. We will see later. Makes sense yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.