Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Built in VPN?

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by AdamTTG, Sep 15, 2017.

Built in VPN? 5 5 4votes
5/5, 4 votes

1. AdamTTG

Just saw this on another hosted PBX, and thought that it sounded cool, no need for PFSense etc if wanting a VPN then.

2. jem1

With 3CX working close with Yealink, Fanvil and Snom, I'd imagine they might put the tunnel into the firmware. We have a couple Fanvil's that when they boot up show the 3CX logo during the firmware boot, which I would think means 3CX wants to integrate more with the phone on a firmware level.

3. Silly English Kniggit

I can't see the tunnel going into firmware - too much to change. However a lot of phones support OpenVPN, and we're already using this for remote phones. It works well, though there are some security concerns do it must be considered carefully before doing it. It would be good to see this brought into the 3CX build as a supported & managed option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. V..

V..

I agree with the englishman, 3CX does not necessarily need to add this feature directly into the platform but a documented supported method of achiveing this would be good.

Also if any of you require assistance with a deployment like this please feel free to contact me, my employer has been doing such deployments for a long time now with great success.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Silly English Kniggit likes this.
  5. Silly English Kniggit

I agree with @V.. - a documented, supported way of doing this would make cloud and remote phones a LOT simpler.