Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Bulk Change And New Ext Defaults

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mholman, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mholman

I would like to change for all users the "I want to be able to accept more than 1 call at the same time" option under Forwarding Rules without having to modify each user individually.

Then going forward I would like for this to be checked by default when creating a new extension. One post suggested changing ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP ="1" under Settings | Advanced | Custom Parameter, but that did not seem to make any difference even after restarting services.

Thanks in advance

2. AndreasA_3cx

AndreasA_3cx Guest

Hello there and thank you for contacting us.

The setting you have changed is the setting for the Queues, that being said you can edit the option by selecting all the extensions and edit them. the changes you will make it will affect all the selected extensions.

Kind Regards

3. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi mholman!

Changing that parameter will not have the effect you want, it is something completely different.

Also I'm not sure what version you are using but in V12 SP6 that I have in front of me you can select multiple extensions (pressing Ctrl or Shift) while in the extensions menu on the left, then press "Edit Extension" button and go to "Forwarding Rules" -> "Available" and toggle the option "I want to be able to accept more than 1 call at the same time".

Unfortunately there isn't a way to set different default settings when creating a new extension.

4. mholman

Thanks. I thought I had tried that method of selecting multiples and editing, but I did again today and it worked as expected.

I am a little bummed there is no way to change the default settings of a "new extension" setup. It is another step we have to remember as we provision new users.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.