Bulk edit 3CX client codecs

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jlevycpa, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlevycpa

There seems to be a problem when trying to edit the 3CX client codec order on multiple extensions at a time. I'd like first g722, then g711 ulaw. The move up and move down arrows are grayed out, so there is no way to adjust the priority. I tried to delete all codecs except for g722, then add g711 ulaw. The UI shows them in the correct order. However, after saving the bulk edit and going back into one extension, they are ordered in the reverse - g711 first, then g722. I've tried all sorts of things, and it seems like when bulk editing it takes the list of codecs you specify and either applies a default order or just puts them in alphabetical order. This seems like a bug.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Benedikt Machens likes this.
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @jlevycpa

You are correct that the order of the codecs changes after you hit ok, however bulk modifying the clients codecs was never intended to work thus the up and down arrows are greyed out. We are currently working on a new way to load pre-configured extensions so you will not need to bulk edit extensions. For now you will need to edit the extensions individually to change the order of the codecs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.