• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Bulk Extension Import v15 (multiple phones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Gamache

Premier Customer
Reaction score
Need some assistance. I am moving a location/office to a new building. We need to have everything working concurrently for regulatory/inspection issues. Do not want to have to assign new extensions to users.

Is there a way to use the CSV bulk import file to import a SECOND phone to the same extension? I can do it manually, but Can I do this via CSV? (two phones with same extension, just different MAC addresses). Once we move completely out of old location, I will delete "phone #1" from extension, leaving "phone #2" as the main extension.

I run in a self-hosted environment (two servers, 70+ locations), so I am not using a different instance of 3cx at each location (remote hosted servers).

Thanks in advance,

Hello @Michael Gamache

I am afraid there is no easy way to do this as you cannot import a second phone to an existing extension via csv as you will get a duplicate error for the extension number. The easiest way of achieving what you want is assign them with a second extension.

Thank you.. I guess it is not that difficult to do one by one, I just like knowing my options!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.