Bulk Extension Import v15 (multiple phones)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Michael Gamache, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Gamache

Need some assistance. I am moving a location/office to a new building. We need to have everything working concurrently for regulatory/inspection issues. Do not want to have to assign new extensions to users.

Is there a way to use the CSV bulk import file to import a SECOND phone to the same extension? I can do it manually, but Can I do this via CSV? (two phones with same extension, just different MAC addresses). Once we move completely out of old location, I will delete "phone #1" from extension, leaving "phone #2" as the main extension.

I run in a self-hosted environment (two servers, 70+ locations), so I am not using a different instance of 3cx at each location (remote hosted servers).

Thanks in advance,

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Michael Gamache

I am afraid there is no easy way to do this as you cannot import a second phone to an existing extension via csv as you will get a duplicate error for the extension number. The easiest way of achieving what you want is assign them with a second extension.

3. Michael Gamache

Thank you.. I guess it is not that difficult to do one by one, I just like knowing my options!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.