Busy announcement

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ravilla, Oct 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravilla

Hi,
    i have one queue with 3 agents. can any one tell me how can i play busy ivr for the fourth call if 3 of my agents is on call?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The idea of a queue, as opposed to, say, a ring group, is that the caller is expected to (eventually) reach, an agent. The initial recording that they reach, when all agents are busy, tells them just that, but, allows them to wait while for one to become free. Reaching a busy signal just means they have to call back, which can be annoying, especially if it happens a number of times. If callers don't want to wait in the queue, they are still free to hang up, and try again later.

So, I suppose, if you really want them to reach a busy signal, you could have a busy signal as your initial queue recording.

#2 leejor, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    gorbros likes this.
  3. Ravilla

Hi Leejor,

if they reach a busy signal as initial queue even agents available the customer still hear that busy signal which is not really make sense.
    if i still insist to have busy prompt only when my all 3 agents are on call so how this can be done? Please advise

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have not used Queues in 3CX. In other systems I'm familiar with, if there are idle agents, calls do not reach a recording at all, they ring right through to an agent. The initial recording is generally to tell callers that all agents are busy and that their call will be answered when one is available. They then go "on hold" until an agent is available.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

You can't do it as easily as you might like -
    As suggested, the purpose of a Q is to hold callers in suspense until such time as:
    1. The Q timeout is reached, or
    2. An agent become available, or
    3. There are no agents logged-in, or
    4. If using the Pro version of 3CX, the caller is given the option for a call-back.

It will not forward based upon the available agents being busy. If this is the functionality needed, then a ring group may be better with the destination set as described below.

However -

Presumably, you could shorten the Q timeout period and achieve the same function. If all agents are busy, then any new caller entering the Q would then be subject to the short timeout and you could enable the destination to forward to an IVR that uses a busy tone recording for the welcome prompt. With no key options and a short time out or invalid entry you could then end the call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.