• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Busy Here when dialing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonknet

Reaction score
Hi all,

One of our nurses is getting the error "Busy Here" on his phone when dialing out. The error happens seemingly at random. He has a Yealink t46g. I looked up what the code means but its not very descriptive.

Can anybody give me an explanation? Thank you for your time!

Jon

Is it an inside call, or outside? The same number every time? Just this one phone?

Check the 3CX log after a failed call to see if 3CX even received it, and if so, where did it route to?

if you use a VoIP provider, it may be the SIP response sent back when a (certain) number is actually busy.

One phone seems to be doing it more than the others, but I have not confirmed this 100%.

Always outgoing calls. Different numbers.

We do use NexVortex. I will try to test calling a busy number and see if it gives the same error.

We're having a similar issue with one extension, and another ext I just created. Only to certain outgoing numbers though with others it's fine. Also with Yealink but 3cxPhone windows client as well.

How did you resolve this?

Check the 3CX Activity Log to see if the "busy here" message is indeed coming from your provider. If so, then the number is actually busy, or wherever you are ending up, is seen to be. Your provider should be able to clarify this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.